Chapter Two.

Noah Phares

I panted with a smile as we did the last set of drills. I'm supposed to be mad that my team couldn't do the play that I had prepared, but I didn't mind doing the drills, at the end, they helped us become faster. I was the first one and Alex was following suit. I took in a deep breath before pushing myself to run faster. I had to break my own record.

As I ran past the finish line, I took small steps taking in short breaths, trying to regain my heartbeat to the normal state. I opened my eyes and saw that Flynn was now lying down on her stomach, still reading the book that I got her.

"Phares!" I heard Coach shouted snapping me from my trance. "Come here you twat!" I rolled my eyes and jogged over to where everyone was standing. "Lads, I need you all to be able to make the Pine play." Coach sighed. "I know that it is unusual, but I have faith in that you are going to be able to make it."

"Yes Coach!" We all replied in unison.

"We are going to practice it tomorrow once again." Coach spoke. "If you mess it up, it won't be only a drill, it'll be five drills." He warned. "Other than that, great job everyone."

"Coach." I spoke. "When are we having a friendly game?" I questioned. "Are we even having friendly games this season?"

"Schedule is due tomorrow." Coach replied. "So I will let you all know tomorrow." We all nodded. "See you tomorrow lads." Coach spoke and I placed my hand in the middle of the circle.

When everyone had joined I smirked. "ONE TWO THREE!"

"BEASTS!" Everyone shouted.

I laughed and walked over to the benches were Flynn was waiting for me. Alex and Junior were following me behind, talking about the party that Carl was going to throw on Friday. I chuckled at a comment and kneel down right in front of Flynn.

"Flynn." I speak and she holds out a finger. "I'm done girl. Let's get home." I smiled.

"Give me a second Noah." Flynn replied. "I just want to finish this chapter." She added, her eyes moving rapidly across the paper.

It has always amazed me how beautiful Flynn looks when she is reading. She doesn't really realize it, but all her expressions are seen in her face. How her eyes lit up when she falls in love with a character, how I can see the pain she suffers from a character, how she bits her lips, or cringe her nose at something she doesn't like. She doesn't know this yet, but every time I see her reading, I fall more and more in love with her, and I'm just afraid that one-day I might blew it all away...

"Holy freaking crackers." Flynn spoke making me laugh. "I cannot believe this book!" She exclaimed closing the book and staring at me. "This is so unfair!"

"What's wrong Flynn Rider?" I questioned as I helped her up. "What is so unfair about the book? You do know that it's pure fiction right?"

"Stop calling me that!" She rolled her eyes slapping my arm. "The douche got the girl." She rolled her eyes in annoyance this time. "And who gives a freaking damn if it is fiction?" She questioned tilting her head to the side. "Football is just a game and you adore it." She snapped her finger in my face making me laugh.