Chapter Ten.

✌🏼️

I stared at Flynn as she walked away from me. She was calling me a coward and now, she was running away from me. She was not just hiding, she said that she'd have Mr. James come and pick her up. Did I move too fast?

"Noah." Alex spoke bringing me back to reality.

"You did it on purpose didn't you!" I snapped as I faced him. "You waited until I was about to kiss Flynn so that you could interrupt. What the hell are you playing?" I exclaimed. "You know that I like her Alex, everyone knows! And yet you seemed to be interested in the only person I've ever been interested."

"Calm down." Alex spoke. "I swear I didn't know you were about to kiss her."

"Bullshit." I snapped. "There is no reunion with coach." I barked. "He told me so, so why the hell interrupt me?"

"Noah I swear"

"You swear nothing Alex!" I shouted. "You like her don't you? You like her more than just the little sister she's supposed to be."

"Noah, you don't understand."

"What don't I understand? That you started liking her the minute I decided to go after her?" I ran my hand through my hair. "Just leave me alone Alex." I whispered and walked towards the library.

Everything was going perfect today. I had managed to ace my test thanks to Flynn, and to repay her, I was going to take her on another date and give her the answer to the question she wanted. I was finally going to tell Flynn Hale that I love her more than just a friend. Now I don't even know if she wanted to see me.

Taking a deep breath, I entered the library, and started to search for Flynn. She was usually at the study group area, we were allowed to eat there, but I as searched for her there, she wasn't. Taking a deep breath, I decided to check the other place where she could be.

"He wasn't going to kiss me." I heard Flynn's voice. "I'm sure of it. We were just caught up in the moment." I frowned, even when it was wrong to listen to her conversation, I wanted to know what she had to say. "Why on earth would Noah want to kiss me? Georgia is right." She whispered and I quietly growled. Georgia is the problem. "Noah will leave with his soccer scholarship and I will stay behind."

"No." I spoke as I made an appearance. "Flynn Hale." I started as I sat down next to her. "I need you to please listen to me."

"What are you doing here Noah?" She questioned cleaning a tear. "I thought you had a meeting with the coach."

"I don't." I replied. "And I am here to explain something important to you."

"And what is that?"

"You asked me why on earth would I be stressed over you right?" She nodded. "The truth is that I am stressed because you are going trough a though time even when you don't want to admit it. I know that the divorce of your parents is hard, even when you are not in the middle of the discussion or even when you don't really hang out with them. But I worry Flynn, even when you tell me not to do so, I worry every time that I turn to face you and you are staring off to space, I know that you are thinking." I grabbed her hands. "I am stressed over you, because it's not fair for you, if I tell you something that might or not ruin our relationship."

"What?" Flynn interrupted. "You've been hiding something from."

"Listen." I begged. "Please listen to what I have to say."

"Okay." Flynn whispered as she sat back, removing her hands from mine.

I bit my lip. "Flynn, I know that you got worried when I got mad at Alex for kissing you in the cheek." I let out a sigh. "I know that you still are unsure as to why I got so mad. Flynn, the reason as to why I got mad with Alex when he did that, is because I love you. I know that you know that I love you, but Flynn I love you more than just a friend. I love you as if you were the person I'm going to marry. I love you so much that it's been hell trying to keep my feelings at bay." Flynn stared at me with her mouth opened. "I love you more than just a best friend Flynn."

"No." Flynn whispered and I frowned confused. "You can't love me like that Noah."

"Why not?" I whined. "Why can't you see that? Close the book of only friendship Flynn, I love you."

"You don't understand Noah!" Flynn stood up.

"There is nothing to understand." I replied. "What is wrong?"

"YOU CAN'T LOVE ME NOAH!" Flynn shouted. "You just can't."

"Why not?" I cried.

"Because you can have whoever you want, and you want me? A nerd? A bookworm?" Flynn cleaned her tears. "Don't waste your love with me." She added as she turned away.

"You are scared." I pointed out.

Flynn turned around with a frown. "And what if I am?"

"Why are you afraid?"

"Because life isn't a fucking fairytale Noah," Flynn spat. "The nerd doesn't get the good looking athlete. It never happens in real life." And with that she ran out of the library.

I let out a sigh as I wiped my eyes. A few tears had escaped, how could it be possible that she didn't want to accept my love? I had tried so hard to tell her in the best way, to find the perfect timing to tell her that I love her. And the minute I do, she runs away from me.

I sat down next to the pile of books that Flynn was gazing at before I arrived. This was never part of the plan. How am I supposed to make her understand, that our love can happen if she simply accepts it? How can I make her see that our life can be another book?

As I stood up, something caught my eye. From between the books, there was a ripped piece of paper with my name on it.

Dear Noah Phares (just in case it got confused with the dude who built the arc):

I don't even know why I am writing you this, but the truth is that I don't think that I will ever be able to say it to your face. You mean so much to me Noah, I can't thank you enough for all those memories that we have built together.

As you know, my parents are getting a divorce, and as I told you, my father is staying here, but my mother got my custody. I'm moving to America, my mother wants to be with her family and I am moving with her.

I'm so sorry for being such a scaredy-cat and not telling you this face to face. I'm leaving Sunday. I'm sorry Noah, I am terribly sorry. By the time you are reading this I will already be boarding the plane.

I want you to keep being the most amazing friend that someone could have ever asked for. You are the best and for that I love you. I just hope that one day you realize how much I love you.

Please don't hate me,

-Flynn Hale aka Flynn Rider.

She was leaving me. Flynn was leaving me.