Chapter Five.

Flynn Hale

Rubbing my temple I stared at the teacher in front of my desk, Mr. Pickles (and yep, his name is Pickles) was claiming that I had cheated on my Physics test, as I was the only one who had managed to get an A+. He was coming up with this crazy theory, that I had written down the formulas and theories on my desk, or that I had managed to slip in a sheet with the cheat on it.

"-So tell me Flynn Hale," Mr. Pickles slammed his hands on my desk. " How did you manage to cheat on the test? I made it impossible for someone to get an A+, maybe an A or A-, but never the A+."

"Mr. Pickles," I let out a sigh and stared at him. "How many times will I have to tell you, that I did not cheat on this test, and I can prove it, with the simple reason that my average on this class is an A+."

"It is impossible Flynn." Mr. Pickles argued. "You could have not gotten an A+ because I made it impossible! The last exercise didn't have an answer. You-"

"Actually, it did." I interrupted. "You see, you taught us a method, and with that method you couldn't get to the answer for the last exercise, but I came across a similar exercise when I was studying and I decided to find a way to solve it." I smirked. "It's called trying hard." I let out a sigh. "I got the answer, a simple answer to a difficult problem. The answer was 5." I stood up. "And if you want, I can explain to you and the class how I managed to do so."

"Okay," Mr. Pickles spoke. "I want to see you teaching how to solve that problem."

"Don't worry," I smiled as I walked towards the board. "I won't tell the Principle that you can't teach the class. I'll keep it quiet." I winked.

-----------

I was walking towards the cafeteria, without Noah, due to the fact that he was called into an emergency Football Reunion. I'm betting my last book, that he had asked the Coach to call him at this specific hour due to the fact that he did not so well on the test...

It is really weird to be walking around school without him, people tend to say that we are going to get married due to the fact that we are always together, we have the same classes (betcha that Noah has something to do in that) and even after school when he has practice I am with him.

I got a couple of looks from other people, pretty sure that most of the girls were waiting to catch a glimpse of Noah, and I know that Noah stares at them, I mean, it's almost impossible not to do so. They are so gorgeous, tall and slender, bright and long hair, and perfect make-up and fashion cloth, compared to me, they belong in a runway and I belong with the hobos.

"Hello Flynn." Alex spoke as he joined me on my journey.

"Hey Alex," I smiled at him.

"Noah stayed a bit longer with Coach, he asked him to do so.

I nodded with a smile, everyone knew that I was always asking for Noah, but he is my best friend, so I think that I deserve to know where he is. "What was the reunion about?"

"We have a game the day after tomorrow, and we want to win it." Alex started. "It's a friendly game, but still, some Coaches from Universities will be there, and even when we are missing like a whole year, it's better to have options."

"Against who are you guys playing?" I questioned. "Because you also have to see that if the opponent is an easy one, the Coaches from the Universities won't really care if you guys win because it was easy, they are going to be checking for your skills and how you guys play in a team."

"Damn Flynn, now I get why Noah likes you so much, you are not only beautiful but also intelligent." I rolled my eyes at his comment. "We are playing against Penguins." I nodded and opened the door for the cafeteria. "Go to our table, I'll bring you your lunch."

"Why thank you Alex." I smiled and walk to our usual table.

I let out a sigh as I sat alone. I felt a bit self-conscious due to the fact that I was sitting alone, usually, Alex is sitting with me and Noah is the one who brings me my food (It's not like I make them, they always get mad if I have my food) and today Alex was being a bit too nice with me, but it is alright.

The cafeteria started filling with more kids and every single one of them started sitting in their respective tables with their groups of friends. I was sitting in the middle table, where all the football team sat with some of the girlfriends. The cheerleaders and basketball guys sat on either side of our table, meaning that in the middle all the jocks sat. In front of us, sat the people from Drama, Reading and Chess Club, you could say that they were the nerds (I am part of the Reading Club, though I have never assisted to one of the reunions) and then behind us, where the people who don't really have a label due to the fact that they really don't belong in a place because they might belong in all...

"Hello beautiful." Anthony winked as he sat in front of me. "Where's your boyfriend?"

"When I have one I'll let you know." I smirked and he laughed.

"I'm talking about Noah."

"He was at the Football Meeting with you, though Alex said that he stayed in a bit longer with Coach." I added with a shrug. "I thought that you would know where he is."

"Of course I know where he is." Anthony laughed. "I just wanted to see if you knew where he was." He poked my arm and I rolled my eyes.

Anthony and I kept talking about random things whilst the rest of the team joined us at the table. I was waiting for Alex to bring me my food, which in my personal opinion was taking far way much time than when Noah does it for me.

I was now talking with Karla and Diego (the newest couple of a football player and a cheerleader) about our Art project, due to the fact that we could do whatever we wanted, but I didn't really have an idea as to what to do. They both wanted to make a collage, not with pictures, but with drawings of pictures, so I guess that they had their lives fulfilled and they were giving me ideas of what I could do.

"Here you go beautiful." Alex spoke as he set my food tray in front of me, but not before kissing my cheek.

"Thanks." I mumbled trying to hide my face, as I knew that I was blushing.

"What the hell Alex?" I heard Noah question, making me turn to face him.

"I told you Noah," Alex replied with a shrug. "You have to move fast."

"You have no right to do that." Noah snapped. "So stop playing games."

"Are you going to make me?"

"Yes."

"I wanna see you try."

"You're not going to get her." Noah spat. "She's mine." He added before storming out of the cafeteria.

Who's his? Whom are they talking about? Could that she be me?