Chapter 3 : Souls Are Glowing

It was Summer of 2013. I forgot to tell Topher that I was going to school in Barcon. I was so busy with school stuff like my exams, helping the fashion design majors with their portfolios, teaching some newbies about photojournalism, prom committee, and graduation, that it was lost in my mind. That was so unlike me to forget.

I remember my graduation gift when mom put me in an internship in New York in a modeling agency for the summer. I became an assistant to a fashion photographer to help him with a photoshoot for a magazine. It was enlightening to learn from the pros and get experience as well.

Plus, I saw Gigi Hadid and Cara Delevigne, I tried not to fangirl, but I managed to get a selfie.

----

Three months later, when I was getting on the train to Barcon with Mom, I had to stay with my grandparents first before getting into my dorm in Durnam. It didn't take long when I went out to town alone to go to this bookstore, and all of a sudden, "Pepsi!" I heard a voice calling out to me.

"Topher!" I exclaimed. I had no idea what came over me, but I just ran to him and hugged him so tight that I didn't want to let him go. Though he felt the same way that he even lifted me and spun me.

We pulled away from each other and just looked at each other in utter awkwardness that we did that. "It's so... great to see you again," he stuttered. "Yeah... same."

"What are you doing here?" Topher asked the million-dollar question.

"Checking out some books," I joked.

"No, I mean..."

"I know, I uhm... moving here," I answered nervously, and he looked confused.

His face was in utter disbelief. "What do you mean moving here?"

"I'm studying here in West Durnam."

I could see the gleam in his eyes, "No way," he gasped.

"It's true, I'll get to stay here in Barcon."

"Oh my God, that's so cool," Topher expressed.

West Durnam was such an amazing school. I was surrounded by cool, creative people like me. There were fellow photographers in different fields, and I met fashion students almost like the sewing club I helped out.

Topher and I shared the same friends, plus some of them were also his friends since middle school.

I finally got to my dorm, and my college roommate was a fashion student, but in styling, her name was Emmy Hark. She is so great because she's like the sister I always wanted. No offense to Alden.

This pretty auburn hair and green eyes who love to wear anything gingham looks out for me. "Hey! Lovely, I'm home," she chimed. That's what she calls me, by the way. She had a take-out bag with her because she used to work in a cafe. "And I have hot chocolate and fries."

"Aww... thank you," I said back.

"What are you up to?"

"Working on my editing."

She looked at my work. "Your lighting is too bright. Put it down a notch," she told me, then she took my laptop and fixed it. "Here, let me do it. If you put too much light, it won't show the natural tone of her skin, and the details on that dress will be gone."

The college professors taught me Photoshop, but Emmy gave me more tip about it, and she would stay up all night to finish a project with me. She shared her hobby of DIY miniature dollhouses, the one that you order a set online, and you'll just have to assemble them yourself. She has a shelf filled with that. It's so cute, I think it's her stress reliever.