Chapter 16 : A New Guy In My Life

Game night was so fun, and I wasn't just talking about winning an Amazon gift card and few other stuff. Right after that, I went back to my room, feeling the content of my victory with all those prices I won that night.

It was such a great day. I shopped for new clothes and make up, I won game night, and the best of all, I... hugged Roy. I knew it was weird, like very weird, but I began liking him even more.

I understood that he was not Topher, just a guy who looked like him. However, they were two different person and I saw that. The problem was, who could understand how I was feeling back then towards this guy?

I lied down, smiling from ear-to-ear as I remembered him hugging me. Even though, it was sort of an accident. We were just so thrilled that we won the Heads Up game together.

But then, I didn't expect him to feel the same way I did. Plus, I didn't want to assume that just because he and I had been sort close lately. Although deep inside me, I was hoping that he might.

I was about to change into my PJs when I heard a notification from my phone. It was him. He followed me on Instagram.

My heart was beating so fast that I could hardly breathe. Also, I was relieved that he followed my business account rather than my personal account which is set on private until now.

You see, my business account is for my life's work as a fashion photographer, so they are mostly my portfolios, and it is the most active account. That also means that there's no Topher in any of my post.

There are times, I use my business account for personal use sometimes since I use it a lot just for... promoting reasons. Maybe, it's not the best reason. I posted my internship in New York where I worked with Gigi Haded and Cara Delevigne.

In the end, my day was getting better and better.

I checked my personal account a minute later after I followed him back. The thing was, I hadn't opened it since he was gone. Not that I didn't feel like looking at it before, it just lost in my mind. Like I said, I rarely use it.

At that moment, I decided to look at it as I laid on my stomach on the bed. At first, I thought it would be painful and that I was going to cry again, but I didn't. I was able to look at those photos without feeling hurt. All I felt was nostalgia.

I scrolled all the way down and read each of the description I wrote down with it. All these memory we made, I remembered them all and replay them in my mind like it was a movie.

There was this one blooper video that we posted in one of our travels. We went to Japan and we found a perfect spot to take a picture of us with Mt. Fuji at the back. I remember we used his phone and put it on a stand.

We looked at the it and we were smiling for what felt like fifteen seconds instead of five. That was when he noticed something on his screen, "Oops! It's set on video," he said with a cringe on his face.

"No wonder my cheeks hurt," I joked.

After that, we both laughed together. I decided to post it since it was really funny. A memory that I wanted to keep in my mind and in my heart.

I scrolled down until it got to 2013. It was the year when we started our relationship. That era was when could make your pictures into a collage. I post out first date together. The time we ate at Love Saigon, our favorite restaurant, and by Mt. Hummi. It was where we had our first kiss.

I stopped and exited the app. All of a sudden, there were more notifications that he was liking my editorial works. I felt so giddy like a school girl. Especially, when he complimented how I looked that night. It kept replaying in my head.