The disappearance of Phoenix Coldon

Phoenix Coldon was born in 1988, to her parents, Goldia and Lawrence Coldon. She lived in California and was raised there until her father got a new job in, Missouri. Phoenix was mostly homeschooled and played a variety of musical instruments.

On December 18, 2011, Coldon left her family home in a back 1998 Chevy Blazer at about 3 pm (15:00). According to her father, she was supposed to head to a convenience store around the street or go to a friend's house.

Her car was found at 5:27 pm and impounded at 6:23 pm. 25 minutes from her home, on St. Clair Avenue in East St. Louis.

The vehicle was entered into the police database as abandoned; the vehicle was not initially discovered as abandoned when investigated by Missouri police as it was impounded in Illinois. The family was reportedly not notified of the car being discovered until a family friend searching independently discovered it in a tow lot. Upon an independent search by her family afterward, the vehicle was discovered to still contain her glasses, purse, shoes, ID, and a cell phone bill that had been sent to collections.

After her disappearance, all activity on her bank accounts, cell phone, and social media accounts ceased. DNA evidence gathered from her SUV indicated that there were no other individuals in the vehicle other than Coldon and her parents.

Her parents have independently searched for Coldon after raising allegations of a lack of effort from local police. Through the years, they have talked to local drug dealers and sex workers for information and hired a private investigator. Privately funding the search caused the family home to go into foreclosure and the family's life savings to be drained.

A two-night special television documentary on her disappearance debuted on Oxygen on November 3 and 4, 2018, in which investigative reporter Shawndrea Thomas and retired deputy Police Chief Joe Delia discussed theories on her disappearance.

In 2016, her case was profiled on the podcast The Vanished.

To this day Phoenix Coldon is still missing.

Her case unfortunately remains

Unsolved