Oklahoma Girl Scout murders

On June 13, 1977, at Camp Scott in Mayes County, Oklahoma, three girls between the ages of 8 and 10 were found raped and murdered.

The girls were:

Lori Lee Farmer: 8 years old.

Michele Heather Guse: 9 years old.

Doris Denise Milner: 10 years old.

Their bodies were found on a trail leading to the showers, about 150 yards from their tent at the summer camp.

A large, red flashlight was found on top of the girl's bodies, and a fingerprint was found on the lens but was never identified. A footprint from a 9.5 shoe size was also found in the blood at the tent.

Less than 2 months before the murders, during an on-site training session, a counselor at the camp Scott discovered that her belonging had been ransacked and her doughnuts have been stolen. Inside the empty doughnut box were handwritten notes stating in capital letters, "We are on a mission to kill three girls in tent 1". The director of the camp session treated the note as a prank and it was discarded.

The suspect in the case was Gene Larry Hart, who had been at large since 1973 after he escaped from Mayes County Jail. He was in Jail for kidnapping and raping a pregnant woman as well as four counts of first-degree burglary. As a convicted rapist and Jail escapee, Hart had 305 years of his 308-year sentence left.
On June 4, 1979, Hart collapsed and died of a heart attack at the age of 35.

In 1989, DNA testing was conducted and shows that three of the five probes matched Hart's DNA.

In 2008, authorities conducted new DNA testing on stains found on a pillow case, the results are inconclusive due to the samples being "too deteriorated to obtain a DNA sample"

Richard Guess, the father of one of the three victims went on to help the state legislature pass the Oklahoma Victim's Bill of Rights. He also founded the Oklahoma Crime Victims Compensation Board.

Another parent, Sheri Farmer, founded the Oklahoma Chapter of Parents of Murdered Children, a support group.

Camp Scott was evacuated ad was later shut down.

Dale Robertson
There have been two documentaries made about this case:

A 1993 documentary call Someone Cry for The Children: The Girl Scout Murders is based on the book of the same name by Michael and Dick Wilkerson. The documentary is narrated by Dale Robertson and Johnny Cash. It was directed by Michael Wilkerson.

A four-part ABC News documentary series, titled Keeper of the Ashes: The Oklahoma Girl Scout Murders, about the case, was released on Hulu on May 24, 2022, a few weeks before the 45th anniversary of the crimes. It is hosted by actress and singer Kristin Chenoweth, who was an 8-year-old Girl Scout in 1977 and had planned to go on the camping trip, but became ill and did not attend.

It was been said that the case is solved now due to believing that it was Gene Larry Hart since the DNA is linked to him.

This is what it says on Wikipedia in this case,

" In 2022, it was announced that DNA testing in the case, although officially inconclusive, strongly suggests Hart's involvement in the crime"

Is the case...

Solved

Or

Unsolved