-𝙚𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙤𝙜𝙪𝙚-

The sky. I'd always been curious about what lay beneath all those clouds. Even now, when every breath I drew burned, I found it amusing to think about it.

They say death is peaceful, fuck that.

I've only ever experienced pain as burning as this one in the past. Though, that pain was worse than what I'm feeling now. It wasn't physical pain. It's the kind that pierces your heart and makes it ache whenever I think about him.

I still carry it around with me. Always there to serve as a reminder of what he did. The absence of someone you once thought loved you in return.

If I had to choose between getting up to fight again, versus staying here and letting the pain consume me whole, I'd say I'm good where I am.

I've done what I could.

I've loved the worst sin I've ever committed. I let him take my heart and use it as he pleased. I loved every second of the endless torture it was to be loved by Michael Langdon. And I can get let go peacefully knowing that I have.

But I still hated him, I don't think I could stop. Being close to killing him all those times..... I never knew why I couldn't, but now I do.

I loved hating him, I hated even more how I loved him. And he's the reason why I'm staring up into the painfully blue sky, trying to breathe as lightly as possible in order to alleviate the agony I was feeling.

The last thing I pictured before I closed my eyes and took my last inhale was him.

Him giving me that stupid smile that had made me weak since the beginning, the smile I pictured that made my heart wither in pain.

I let my last breath go and smiled to myself. Finally, my peace has arrived.

Until I heard that fucking laugh.

"You really thought it'd be that easy to escape huh?"

I opened my eyes and expected that bright blue sky...instead, I got those bright blue eyes staring down at me.

"Do you have to ruin everything? Can't you see I'm in the middle of fucking dying!" I winced in pain as I screamed the last part. He nudged my arm with his foot and crouched down to meet my eyes.

"Oh lovely, you really think I wouldn't follow you even after death? You really got a laugh out of me seeing you be so eager to die." He got up and forcefully nudged my arm again.

"Now get up, we're not done yet."

I slowly sat up, covering my bruised side with my arm.

"Until next time death."