3. |Guts|

I was terrified.

"You...  You think you what? No, Roman, you can't. There's no way." I laugh nervously.

"I do. I love you so much it hurts me at times. There are times I felt like I could tell you, then other times I just chickened out. Now I finally know it, though. I know if I didn't tell you soon, I probably never would have." He says.

"Ro, I.. I really don't know what to say." I stutter.

"You don't have to say anything yet. I just needed to get that off of my chest before it's too late." He smiles.

"I mean, I love you. I just don't know if I love you on a more personal level." I say slowly.

"I understand that completely." He says, nodding his head slowly.

"I'm sorry. I feel like I just took the wind right out of your sails." I apologize.

"No, it's fine. Really. I can't just go dropping bombs on people like that." He chuckles.

"So, how long have you been in love with me?" I ask.

"Quite a while, actually." He said quietly.

"I don't get it. I really don't get it." I say, shaking my head.

"You don't get what?" He asks.

"Why me? Out of all the girls in the world, you choose to love me? Why?" I ask.

"For starters, you're more beautiful than any woman I could ever dream of. Second, you've got the heart of an absolute angel. Third, you're extremely brave, and strong. Fourth, you have the ability to just walk into the room and brighten anyone's day." He tells me.

"I wish I could see that." I mumble.

"What was that?" He asks, turning down the radio.

"Nothing. Just talking to myself." I smile.

He nods.

You're such a worthless piece of scum, Rose. No one could ever like you. Just look at you. You practically scream "please love me!"

The thoughts I've never in a day missed have returned.

"Rose?"

I snapped from my thoughts, looking over to Roman.

"Yeah?" I ask.

"I know you've been through a lot, but I promise you, I will not hurt you in any way. I will only hold your hand, and make you smile. Hopefully one day, I can make you forget about everything that has happened to you. For now, though, I just want you to know that I will always be here for you through thick and thin." He says, stopping the car.

"I know you wouldn't, Ro. That's what I love about you." I smile.

I get out of the car, but I stop once I realize Roman wasn't moving.

"You coming?" I ask.

"Just a few minutes. You can go on up without me." He says, smiling at the end.

"Okay. See you in a bit." I say, walking into the hotel.

I got the keys at the desk, and texted him the number of our room.

He's going to leave you like everyone else did.

I clenched my jaw, and took a deep breath.

Opening the door of the room, I turned on the lights.

"Holy crap!" I say to myself. "Could this place be any bigger?!"

I set my suitcase down, and opened the door to the balcony. Not a gorgeous view, but it wasn't ugly, either.

I hear the door beep, and open a few minutes later. Roman walks in with his hair 50 shades of fucked up.

"Did you get into a fight in the parking lot?" I laugh, looking at his hair.

"No." He laughs. "I had to brush it."

"That's scary. Put it up." I laugh.

"Maybe I'll go back to my old hair." He grins.

"NO. N. O.  NO!" I yell.

"Oh why not? Everyone loved that hairstyle. It was the in thing to do!" He laughs.

"If you do that, I'll never talk to you again." I tell him.

"Fine. I won't do it." He pouts, sitting on the bed closest to the door.

"I think I have a match tomorrow night." I say.

"At the live event?" He asks, I nod in response.

"Against Paige." I say.

"Opportunity just coming your way." He smiles. "You ready to run with the big dogs?"

"I think I am. I've been waiting for this for quite a while." I say.

"You'll do great, just don't panic. I know you've been known to do that in big situations. Just relax, and go wit the flow. Everything will be fine." He tells me.

"The only thing I'm worried about is if I win, or not." I laugh.

"If you rip her apart, there's no doubt that you win." He says.

"I'm not a barbarian, Roman." I laugh.

"When you're angry, you might as well be. I just hope she doesn't awaken riot Rose." He says.

"You are so mean!" I say, throwing a pillow directly at his face.

"You're gonna pay for that." He says, picking me up, and giving me a body slam onto my bed.

"You are so done, Reigns." I say, running across the beds, jumping onto his back.

I put him into a sleeper hold, but he just broke it like I was a 3 year old.

"No fair. You're a man." I pout.

"You need rest. Big day for you tomorrow." He says.

"I guess." I say, bobbing my head.

"Goodnight, Rose." He says.

"Goodnight, Ramen." I laugh.

"You're dead." He says, jumping onto my bed.