~5~

I have met the funniest driver ever this past years, Max his teammate for RedBull is the funniest person ever. Max is not very happy with that I always get along so well with the other drivers. "First Charles and now Daniel!?" Says he teasingly to me. "Max come on, he's funny nothing more, he makes you happy, right?" Max shrugs his shoulders somewhat indifferently. "I think I liked you better when you had a crush on Charles." Max sticks his tongue out at me as he says this. "Do you still speak to him?" He then suddenly asks. "Yes definitely, Charles asked me just this morning if I wanted to wish you luck with your race." Max laughs.  "I'm really going to arrange with him that you guys can go on a date sometime, you've been in love with him for so long now." "No don't, if he doesn't like me you'll ruin our friendship." Max waved away my comment and went to get ready for his race.

It's 2018 when I see Charles again for the first time since Max joined Formula 1, Charles joined Sauber (Now Known Alfa Romeo) I smile when I see him but he doesn't see me. Charles has become even more handsome in the years I haven't seen him. "You're staring!" It's Daniel's voice that startles me, kindly wrapping his arm around my shoulders. "Ssssst I wasn't staring." I say to him as I try to turn my attention back to the Redbull boxes, but in the corner of my eye I try to keep a close eye on all of Charles' movements. Charles' training is going really well so I can't resist looking him up afterwards, I haven't seen him in so long and would love to go talk to him. "Oh my god y/n! It's been too long since I've seen you!" Says Charles when he sees me and walks over to me, he gives me a hug and I hug him back a little uncomfortably. "How is Max and how are you?" He asks immediately without me having the chance to greet him at all, before I have a chance to talk to him the press pours in and I quickly make my way back to Max's RedBull box. "'Silly... Ask him out! Have you seen the way you look at him!" It is Daniel who comes walking in my direction a little too enthusiastically and I try to dodge his words, but alas there is Max already there to assist him. "I told you that Daniel, my niece is crazy about Charles but she won't admit it!" "I'm not!"I try to defend myself but it makes no sense at all in front of them and I'm at the age where I can't really keep this hidden anymore either. "Let me!"says Daniel and before I have a chance to stop him he has already walked away.

Daniel comes walking back a moment later with a smile on his face and I don't trust anything. "What did you do?" I asked him, Daniel just smiles and continues walking toward Max. I look after him and see Charles walking towards me a moment later. "Hey y/n Daniel told me you like me?" "No ieuw gross.... No Charles that's bullshit." "Good to know because I wouldn't date girls like you either." "Yeah and I wouldn't date guys like you either." This is the biggest lie I have ever told anyone. I want nothing more than to be with him, but I also don't want to risk my friendship with him, and judging by his reaction I gave the right answer. This is the second time Charles has asked me this question over the years, but I don't know how to give myself an attitude and be honest about my feelings for him over the years.

Hello everyone, there will be something about Christmas in this story, I wanted to write this at Christmas but I was too busy for a while. SORRY. But if there are Christmas chapters in this story please don't skip it is part of it and I am a person who loves Christmas, Christmas is love.

I have been very busy the week between Christmas and New Year's but expect more from me in the coming year! Looking forward to the next chapter