chapter13

~storm~

My body was protesting to get up, I had passed out and Vince had moved me to a small shelter after....the thing.

I was now up and I could now smell the visitors, I spotted Vince sitting under a tree quietly, my mind wondered to velvet then back again to what Vince was doing.

"Vince" he looked up from his hands and smiled at me. I nodded down the hill and he nodded. I shifted to my stallion and he climbed on my back.

my hoofs pounded the ground at I ran toward the enemy. I skidded to a stop with I saw dark figures, Vince climbed off and I quickly shifted back. I had a hand gun on each side of my hip.

I went around and the figures froze. it was a hunter, a fairy, a werewolf, and some kind of wizard?

the hunter raised a sword to Vince and u pointed a gun at him. he smelled like velvet, so they know her? they are here for her I guess.

"who are you, you seem to know velvet" the hunter narrowed his eyes.

"yes, Kayle" I nodded and Vince put his arm around my waist. I fall into his touch like a girl.

"Vince, just let them have her" my angle side protested. Vince kissed my head.

"OK love" I loved my new nickname. "follow me" he led us away while the hunter kept staring at me.

"take a picture, I'll last longer" I called behind me. Vince jerked his head to hunter to send him a warning glare. oh Vince jelly much?

~chase~

I could not believe my eyes, my father kissed him! what the hell. I could not take my eyes off him, my father has a lover? a young one!

I think he saw me staring because he told me to take a picture to last longer. my father sent me a glare.

don't worry I don't want your toys! I wanted to yell but I did not. I just kept my head down listening to sherry and nick.

"hey" rack came up behind me. I smiled weakly at him. " your making me jealous worry about you pretty beast" he sniffed putting his hands on his hips. I laughed, the first time in hours and he laughed with me.

"guys" nick called. we slowed into step with his and sherry. the woman had tears in her eyes looking at the ground.

"what happened?" nick folded his arms.

"when we see her, we kill her" he said bluntly. wait what?!

"the hell you will" I growled. he frowned and shook his head.

"we have to kill her before she awakens" I asked why and he told me. "people want to use her powers for the darkest reason possible" he explained. "its better this way."

I did not want to believe him, I wanted to be with her, to love her. even if she was the very thing I killed for a living.

I had seen the people after her, I did not want to think of what would happen if kinja, the destroyer, got his hands on her.

so was it settled? she had to die.

"what about when she starts to awaken" I plea for more time with her. nick nodded.

"OK, but the next time you even see a wing, a horn or anything, w pit her down" Nick said. I nodded reluctantly.

Vince and his lover led us to a small building. when he opened the secret door, I saw Kayla chained and naked on the floor.

pretty beast I promise I will never let anything happen to you while your demon and angle still sleep.

I broke the chains in rage and pick her up, not looking back.