Chapter III

Stumbling, I feel strong hands wrap around my waist. I look up to see Neteyam, looking at me with concern.

  "Are you alright," he asks, tilted his head sideways. His pupils were wide, adjusted to the dark.

  "I'm fine, thank you," I say, taking a small step back, looking at his face."What are you doing walking around?"

  "I just needed to clear my head, you know? It's been a lot," he says, sighing.

  "Walk?" I ask. His eyes widen for a few seconds, but he responds quickly.

  "Sure," he says, following me. The two of us walk along the shore of the beach, the moonlight shining on our faces. I find a place to sit and he sits directly across from me. Silver dots glow along his face, intricate patterns outlining his sharp features. He moves a few plaits behind his ear, out of his face.

  "Here- let me help-" I get up and grab some vine from the trees. I sit in front of him, my knees touching his. I hear his breathing slow but i ignore it. I grab his plaits gently, pulling them to the top of his head. I wrap the vine around his hair a few times, putting it in a neat bun.

  "There.." I sit back, admiring my work.
A few plaits hang around the side of his face. He stares into my blue eyes, a small smile on his face.

  "Thank you," he says quietly, studying my face.

  "You're very welcome-" I say, coughing nervously, looking away. I grab his hand and help him up. "It's getting late, I oughtta get back."

  "Um-yea, thanks again-" he says, backing up. "I'll see you tommorrow."

  "Bye-" I say, turning away and walking back the family hut. After a few feet, i turn to see him gone. Huh..forest people are quick. I turn back around to see Reya.

  "Oh. My. Eywa."

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

+Neteyam POV+

  I finally arrive at the hut quietly, trying not to be seen. All of a sudden, I feel tiny hands wrap around my legs.

  "Net! Your home! Oh, your hair! Who did it?" Tuk says, looking up at me with those big eyes of hers. Lo'ak and Father looked at me curiously.

  "Where exactly have you been?" Jake asked curiously.

  "I was going for a walk, but I ran into Y/n. She fixed my hair," I answered honestly. Father and Lo'ak both raise an eyebrow. I see my brother narrow his eyes and I cough nervously. "I'm going to sleep, goodnight-" I say akwardly.

I turn to go to sleep, trying to get away from the akward silence. Whatever they're thinking, they're wrong. I dont like Y/n. She's totally just a friend. A very good friend.