Chapter XII

+Neteyam's POV of the last chapter + Day 2+

I make my way to where Y/n's staying, where sadly, my brother would be to. I pass a few tribe girls as the giggle at me, and I resist the urge to roll my eyes. I finally arrive at Y/n's hut, and I quietly walk inside. I see Lo'ak sitting besides Y/n, talking. I cough quietly.

  "Mom wants to see you, she said it's important," I tell him as he turns to look at me, standing up. He hesitantly glances at the sleeping girl. I roll my eyes.

  "Go bro, I'll watch her till you get back," I say, patting him on the shoulder. He gives her one last glance and leaves, exiting the hut quietly. Why's he always by her? I never have time with her for myself..

  I sit down in his previous spot an look down at her. I study her precious features, the curve of her checks, the shape of her eyes. I bend down and plant a gentle kiss on her forehead, moving her newly braided hair out of her face. I place a gentle hand on her cheek.

  "Wake up soon, Y/n..I need you to survive for me, princess," I whisper to her, planting another kiss on her forehead. A few minutes later, Lo'ak arrives. I get up and give him a small nod before heading out of the tent, sighing.

  I never knew it was possible to miss someone so much..

+Day 5+

  Once more, I'm sitting with Y/n as Lo'ak cleans hisself up for the night. I never get to have much alone time with her, Lo'ak is always around. I sit next to her, telling her stories of back home; of my old clan. I tell stories passed on from my mother, stories of Toruk Makto.

  My eyes water as I stare at her limp form. I never knew I could care for someone besides my own family so much. I will protect her until I die, I don't care what the cost is. She's beautiful, like a delicate flower shining in the morning sun. She's perfect in every way.  Her smooth skin shines with the light of the moon. Her kindness radiates off of her like rays of sunlight.

  "Baby, please wake up soon. I don't know how much more I can take. I need you here with me. No matter what, I'll never leave you. I'm yours forever. Always," I saw quietly, kissing her cheek.

  Lo'ak soon arrives, quickly sitting down besides Y/n again. He thanks me quietly and I make my way out of the hut. A few feet away, I hear a scream.

  "Y/n! She's awake!"