Chapter IV

+Y/n POV+

  "So, you wanna explain what I just saw?" Tsireya asked, hand on her hip, grinning.

  "Nothing.. I was just helping out a..friend," I say innocently. Reya rolls her eyes, annoyed.

  "Really? Do friends stare each other in the eye and play with each other's hair?" she asked, staring at me with her big blue eyes.

  "I was just helping him, he needed it. Good night, i'm going to sleep," I fake yawned and went to our hut.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

  In the morning, Reya, Ao'nung, and I met Kiri and the boys to take them to find their own ilu, poor Tuk is too young to come.

  "Okay, so, i'll take Kiri, Ao'nung, you take Neteyam, and Y/n will take Lo'ak. That sound good?" Tsireya asked, looking at me and Ao.

  "Fine with me-" I glanced at Net to see him with a disappointed look on his face. I gave him a small smile while Lo'ak looked at him smugly. Why, I don't know. We split up, Kiri and Reya to the north, Ao and Neteyam to the East, and me and Lo'ak to the west.

  I lead him into the gentle waters of the shore. I do a short wistle and the ilu surround us in different shades of blue and green.

  "Unlike an ikran, ilu do not develop individual bonds with riders, so an experienced rider can mount any ilu that has been familiarized with the kuru bond," I exlpained,"So for now, pick one that you feel suits you, mount it, and make the bond."

And Lo'ak, being Lo'ak, decided to pick the biggest ilu.

  "Be careful-," I called, trying not to laugh.

  "Trust me, I got this!"

  Turns out, as usual, Lo did not have it. After about 1.5 seconds of riding, he was rolling around in the water, the ilu no where to be seen. I burst out laughing, doubling over. After a few seconds, I looked up. Unsuprisingly, he was no where to be seen.

  "Lo? Lo'ak? Oh no, Father will kill me if I lost-" I shreik as i'm lifted up out of the shallow part of the water and thrown into a deeper section. I surface the water, laughing. Lo'ak splashes me, a smirk on his face. I splash him back, giggling.

I swim back to the shallow end and run to the beach, laughing. Lo'ak comes behind, grinning.

  "Whatever you're thinking-" before you could finish, he hisses at you playfully and leaps at you, tackling you to the ground. We roll around for a few seconds, one trying to dominate the other. Finally, I end up on top.

  "Ha!" I look down at him mischeiviously, out of breath. I felt him heaving beneath me.

  "What is going on-?" Me and Lo'ak both turn quickly. Oh shit-

  I look up to see Neteyam, Kiri, Reya, and Ao'nung staring at us.

  "Uhm, it's not what it looks like-" I look down at our positions. I had Lo'aks arms pinned to the side of his head, while I was straddling his stomach, both of us out of breath. I quickly climb off of him, both of us scrambling to our feet.

  "What, jealous brother?" Lo'ak said, a smug grin on his face. I elbowed him in the stomach as I see Neteyam's usually kind eyes harden. I take a step forward.

  "Net, I promise, we weren't doing anythi-"

  "Aw, he'll be fine. He's a big boy," Lo'ak interupts me, rolling his eyes. "We were just playing."

  "Whatever. We're going back to the village," Neteyam says, turning away from us, me and Lo'ak traveling behind the group. No doubt Ao'nung will tell my father about this, especially when he knows that he wants me to find a mate soon. A mate of my own clan.