Chapter VII

Of course in the morning, one of the Sully boys were missing. And of course, I had to go look for him. Tsireya woke me up this morning in a panic, saying that Lo'ak had gone missing, just my luck. Not getting the chance to eat, I hopped on my Ilu, Fai'Reya, and headed out to scan the lakes.

  After about forty minutes, I decided to head out among the reef, maybe he got lost or something.

  "Lo'ak? Lo!" I called, getting more worried then annoyed at this point. A few minutes later, I see Lo'ak laying on some weird rock in the middle of the water.

  "Lo'ak!"

  I gracefully dive off my ilu and climb onto the rock, next to Lo'ak. Oh Eywa, his eyes were closed. I grab his face and slap it, if anything would get him up, this would. And it did. He sits up, gasping, spitting out water.

  "Lo'ak, are you alright?" I grab his shoulders, shaking him.

  "I'm alright, i'm alright-"

  Before he could finish, I grab him, pulling him close to my body. I feel his body warmth surround me as he pulls me in tighter.

  "Don't you scare me like that again," I whisper, breathing hard.

  "I won't, i'm sorry princess," he whispers into my ear. "I promise."

  "Come on, we have to get ho-" before I could finish my sentance, and explostion erupts on the rock a few feet away from me and it starts to move. I turn around to see sky people. My eyes widen in fear as i'm knocked into the water, losing sight of the sunlight.

  A small submarine-like machine appears underwater a few feet away from me, claws reaching out. Before I could get away, Lo'ak appears on a ily and pulls me on behind him, his hand grabbing hold of my thigh. He hisses at the sky people and turns his ilu back to the village before any more bombs could go off.

  As we reach the shore, he pulls me off behind him onto the sand quickly. He grabs my face with his hands, scanning me for marks or scratches. I had a couple, but I was fine.

  "Are you alright? Does anything hurt? Are you injured-?" I take his face in my hands, stopping him.

  "I'm alright, thank you for saving me," I whisper, staring into his yellow eyes.

  "You're-"

  "What is the meaning of this?" Jakes voice rang out onto the beach as he appeared, Neteyam behind him, looking concerned. He runs up to me, grabbing my hands.

  "Are you okay-?" He scans your body, spinning you around. He starts wiping blood from minor scratches off of my skin, Lo'ak glaring at him out the side of his eyes.

  "I'm fine," I say, flickering my tail,"Sky people, they're here!"