Chapter XI

+Lo'ak's POV+Day 2+

  Y/N had been unconscious since yesterday, and it upset me that I couldn't do anything. When Dad brought her to her family, they were hysterical. Ronal did her best to heal her, but healing also takes time. I've been with her since last night; Tsireya brought me food a few hours ago. She was a really great sister.

   While Y/n slept, I played with her hair. Kiri forced me to learn how to braid when we were little, and I could finally use that useless skill.  I took strands of Y/n's hair, weaving them together, adorning them with beads and small sea shells. I traced the marks on her face with my fingers, sighing. I hope she wakes up soon.

+Day 5+

  I still haven't moved from Y/n's side. I've stayed with her day and night, I can't miss the moment she wakes up. Sometimes my mother brings me food, sometimes Kiri, sometimes Tsireya. Tuk left some flowers she had found along the shore, as well as a doll she had weaved from dried seaweed. Neteyam visits from time to time; usually every few hours or so.  Sometimes he'd stay long, sometimes he wouldn't. We barely spoke anymore. It's like he hates me. Why, I don't know.

  It was almost noon when I collected water to wash Y/n's face. I dipped a peice of cloth in the warm liquid, carefully wiping her face with it. Damn, she's beautiful. I made sure to clean every spot so not a speck of dust or dirt was left. I put the rag and water away and I resume the same position, next to her hammock. I take her hand, outlining the patterns on it.

  "Y/n? I know you probably can't hear me, but please wake up..I need you. You're so important to me, I can't lose you. You've been so kind to me since day one, I owe you so much. Please don't leave us.  Stay with us. Stay with me. Please.

Authors note: omg y'all idk what to do with myself. For some reason this made me sad.