Chapter V

"What were you thinking? Messing around with that forest boy for your people to see, knowing you must find a mate in a few years time!" I flinched Tonowari yelled at me, throughing his hands up. This argument has been going on for a good 10 minutes already, and I was getting sick of it.

  "Father, we were just playing, am I not allowed to have any fun? We were doing no one any harm-"

  "You are my eldest child! Act like it!"

  "Fuck being the eldest child! Responsibilities, mates, maturity, blah blah blah! You do not control my life, wether you like it or not!" I screamed, turning to walk away. I'm tired of never being able to be myself, Eywa forbid I have friends.

  "Y/n..," Mother started, started to hold my arm.

  "Fuck off!" I yelled as I stomped out of the hut towards the water.

#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#-#

+Lo'ak POV+

  Of course the new had found its way to my father..figures. I rolled my eyes as Neteyam explained what he saw to my father, which was far from the truth.

  "What is this bullshit, Lo'ak? She's the cheif's daughter, for Eywa's sake! You could've gotten her in serious trouble!"

  "Not if always-in-my-bullshit-bitch wouldn't have came back and snitched," I muttered, glaring at my brother. It gave me slight satisfaction to see his fingers clench.

  "This is serious! Y/n could have gotten shunned by her people for doing something like this, wether the two of you were playing are not! You should be thankful that Neteyam stopped it when he did!" He yelled, glaring down at me.

  "Thankful? Are you fucking serious? He's jealous, for the love of Eywa! If it was him, he wouldn't have said a word!"

  "Exactly, I wouldn't have even done it-" Neteyam started.

  "Enough! Lo'ak, you are 18! Act like it! These childish games must stop! Cut the bullshit!"

  "Whatever," I muttered, stomping out of the hut, annoyed. Fucking Neteyam.. I made my way to the shore, only to find Y/n laying down on her back, looking at the stars. God, she's beautiful..Hold up, hold up, what the fuck? I shook that thought from my head and flopped dow next to her.

  "Your parents chewed you out?" She asked, turning towards me.

  "Yup, yours?" I asked and she nodded, sighing.

  "This is all Net's fault, he had to run his big mouth," I huffed, annoyed.

  "He was trying to help-"She said, rubbing my arm gently.

  "Yea, right, and I can fly," I rolled my eyes.

  "Hey, he was right, we shouldn't have been messing around anyways-"

  "Oh, and now you're on his side?"

  "What's your deal? He didn't mean to get us in trouble!"

  "And that's what you think!" You don't know the effect you have on us..I thought to myself.

  "Whatever, talk to me again once you've chilled the fuck out.." She got up and stomped away, her tail swishing angrily behind her. I groaned and flopped back down again, closing my eyes.