18 ~ Blame It On The Mistletoe

Caitlin was going to a party with whom she only knew a couple people. Her friend Felicity had begged her to come and had brought along Cisco and Ray. Their small little nerdy group showed up to the big hall even. It was Christmas eve and Felicity's boyfriend was throwing a benefit since he was rich and owned a company. All four of them walked inside and Caitlin couldn't help but admire the room.

A fancy chandelier hung from the ceiling and the ceiling was decorated leading down the upper level of the room where few fancy people were laughing with champagne in their hands. Then the level that they were on was crowded with tables covered with white cloth and flowers and some of the people were dancing in the small open space but most were talking. In the middle and the back of the room there was a big sign that said Queen Consolidated. Caitlin definitely felt out of place with all of these rich people and their designer brands. Of course she had gone to events like these when she was growing up because of her mother but this still wasn't the place where she'd most be.

"Hey babe" Oliver said and pecked Felicity on the lips "Woah you look incredible" he took in her appearance. I felt awkward and looked to the side of me and found only Cisco, Ray had already started mingling with others here. "Hey guys" Oliver waved to us. They haven't had much contact about him, all Caitlin knew is that he is a billionaire and Ceo of Queen Consolidated and that's pretty much it.

"Hey" Caitlin and Cisco said at a similar time.

"Come on there is someone I want you to meet" Oliver took Felicity away leaving only Cisco and Caitlin.

"This is definitely not what i pictured doing for Christmas eve" Cisoc said looking around

"I feel you" Caitlin said

"Oooo look food" Cisco said ogling the waiter chasing after the food making Caitlin lose sight of him. Now she was all alone.

"Sorry Felicity but I'm not vibing" Caitlin said and was about to leave but as soon as she turned around she ended up bumping into someone making them spill their drink on themselves. "Oh my goodness i'm so sorry"

"It's alright" He said, trying to wipe down his tux. Caitlin then found some napkins on a nearby table and tried to help him get it off. "Are you ok?" he asked

"I'm fine, I'm really so sorry about this again" Caitlin said and kept on wiping his suit jacket until he placed his hand on her wrist gently telling her to stop. She actually looked up at him and saw his enchanting emerald green eyes and how fine he looked in his tux.

"It's honestly fine, this is Olivers anyway" He said

"Do you mean Oliver Queen?" She asked feeling nervous and he nodded "Are you saying i just wreck a billionaires tux?"

"It's fine he can just buy a new one" The guy waved it off "I'm sure he could make and expedition for his best friend"

"You're his best friend?" Caitlin asked

"I'm guessing your not one of these snobby rich people" he said that part quietly so no one would look their way "so are you a party crasher?"

"Sort of, I am his girlfriends best friend" Caitlin said

"Caitlin?" he said and she got confused "Oliver mentioned you"

"Yet he hasn't said anything about you" Caitlin laughed

"Barry" he lent out his hand for her to shake "Nice to meet you"

"Nice to meet you too" Caitlin said and smiled

"So don't tell Oliver I was about to ditch his party, wanna come with" Barry lent out his hand for her to take

"It's a good thing I was about to ditch to" she took his hand and they walked out of the hall together. Caitlin was glad now they all took a shared car here so she didn't have to come back and get her car. A limo pulled up and Caitlin gave him a raised brow.

"Oliver says go big or go home so" Barry explained and opened the door for her to be seated to which she kindly said thank you back. Barry then slid in next to her. "You wanna drink?"

"Sound perfect" Caitlin said and he gave the address of the bar to the driver. When they arrived at the bar Caitlin and Barry both felt out of placed since they were dressed so nicely. "Maybe just one drink because I feel kind uncomfortable in this out fit" She said honestly and then was mentally scolding herself for saying that to this hot guy.

"It's all good I get that, one and maybe we could get fast food or something" Barry suggested

"Sounds perfect" Caitlin said, relieved she didn't mess things up completely. He order her the drink and they went back in the limo to get McDonalds. While they were in the car they were chatting lightly when Mariah came on the radio and Caitlin went absolutely crazy. "Can we turn the song up please driver" She tried to contain her excitement and she started singing along even though she knew she had a horrible voice and was hoping that he didn't mind. She heard him chuckling but then he joined and she found that he had an amazing voice but not when it came to her high notes. Both of them failed equally at that erupting in laughter when the song finished. "I love that song," Caitlin said leaning back on her chair.

When they arrived in and out they went inside to order, again feeling out of place but it mattered less because it was McDonlads there that would have probably been worse. They took their orders outside and looked up at the sky but they were still shielded by an overhead.

"It's beautiful," Caitlin said, looking up at the snow falling from the sky.

"Yeah it really is" Barry said looking at her and she looked back at him and smiled completely ignoring the fact that she was freezing to death. "Here" Barry said taking off his jacket ignoring the fact that he was also freezing.

"No you need this" Caitlin said

"You're freezing you take it, I insist" he said and she smiled at his actions

"Thank you" she said and stood up

"What are you doing?" he asked her and she held out her hand for him to follow

"Come here" she said and he got up leaving his unfinished burger in the box and he walked over to her confused.

"You have to kiss me now" Caitlin said and pointed upwards Barry looked and squaw a mistletoe

"Sounds perfect" He said and leant down and kissed her. It was amazing, everything she wanted was slow but ignited with passion and it was just perfection. She went from freezing cold to boiling hot in a matter of seconds. Never has a Christmas Eve ever been this good.

Sorry I know its been a while but I wanted to Ruch this one in and say MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE! 🎄💕🎊

This is one of my fav Christmas songs and I hope you all like it!