20 ~ Powerful

Powerful (ft Ellie Goulding & Tarrus Riley) ~ Major Laser

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Today Caitlin was in Star Labs, more specifically the med lab, she was watching her crush ly peacefully on the cot, hearing his steady heartbeat on the monitor. Another accident, how could Barry Allen be so reckless? Every time he gets injured she starts freaking out and is more on edge then she usually is.

He was waking up and she took a deep breath feeling relieved. "You're awake" she said 

"What happened?" he ask with a deep sleepy voice which made her heart skip a beat. 

"Um, you were in a fight with Godspeed and it ended very badly, you have 5 broken ribs, two fractures in your arms and a whole bunch of internal bleeding" Caitlin said and he could hear the sadness in her voice.

"Cait" He tried sitting up but struggle so she put a hand on his chest and held him down.

"You need to lie down" Caitlin said softly and he looked at her once again but this time here eyes glossy, about to cry. 

"Cait" He started again and placed his hand on top of hers that was still resting on his chest sending electricity up her arm, thats the effect that he has on her and she hated it. She could probably change her emotions in a heart beat just looking at him.

"I hate seeing you like this" She admit

"I'm sorry, I know but I'm still here" Barry tried soothing her

"I know" Caitlin said flashing him a small smile since it was the only one she could muster. Godspeed is really doing a number on Barry, this is the 3rd time in 7 days that he has been in this condition. "Please just take it easy or get more help when you afce godspeed next time because I really hate this and I hate him for that mater."

"You and me both" Barry said and she gave him a small chuckle "I will next time I promise" They were both looking at each other intensely, lock in a look of love. "Hey what time is it?" Barry asked

"7" Caitlin said not realising that she stayed up the whole night working about him

"7pm, oh I was only knocked out for 15 minuets" Barry said aloud to himself and then put the pieces together "Cait you stayed awake all night for me?"

"In my defence I didn't release how long it was" Caitlin said

"Come here" he said and moved over on the bed "You sleeping here" 

"Barry I've done all nighters before I don't need to sleep" She said but then her body betrayed her and she yawned. Barry smirked knowing he was right and all she could do was smile at him. 

"You were saying?" He said and when she didn't say anything he patted the spot next to him

"I'll just sleep in the lounge" Caitlin tried to reason

"Cait, you're sleeping here end of discussion" Barry said in all seriousness and she couldn't resist him as much as she tried. Caitlin sighed and sat on the very edge of the bed. "You're making this a lot more difficult then it has to be" she then lied down so she was facing him and a smile formed on both of their faces.

"You happy now?" Caitlin asked him

"Very" he said satisfied and he let out a hearty chuckle and she then joined him

"Thank you, for this" She said and gestured to the cot that they both squeezed on

"Anytime" he laughed seeing how awkward she was. He couldn't lie that he defiantly found it cute how awkward she was, her cheeks flushed a crimson red and she couldn't even look at him. "Cait, you know you can look at me" Barry teased

"Yeah" Caitlin said looking up at him "I just chose not to"

"You chose not to?" Barry said

"Yeah" Caitlin said sheepishly feeling embarrassed by her choice of words "Well I mean you don't really have to look at someone when you talk to them like you could be multitasking and not looking at the person you're talking to" 

"Cait, what are you saying?" Barry questioned her rambling

"I don't know what this point" Caitlin said and he let out another hearty chuckle and put his arm up and over her head so it was now around her shoulders while she had subconsciously hurried her head on his shoulder.

"Just when I think you couldn't surprise me more, you always manage to" Barry said and used his other hand to move hair out of her face. She then looked up at him both of them feeling something that neither could snap out of. There was this energy when they held each other, when their lips touched and it couldn't be explained. Slowly both their lips parted and their faces came closer together. His lips then brushed against hers and she was in no mood for her teasing her so she pressed her lips against his and it was the most amazing feeling in the world. After what feels like forever, it was happening, she kissed Barry Allen. It didn't stop there when Barry depend the kiss and cupped her soft cheek with his hand when hers rested on his chest. 

When they ran out of air their lips parted but their noses touched as both of them regained their breath. "I love you" Barry said and Caitlin looked at him dumbfounded because he said the words that she had been wanting to hear.

"W-what?" she stuttered

"I love Cait" Barry said and she kissed him again forcefully but carefully. 

"I love you too" she uttered after breaking off the kiss when the both smiled and looked at each other. "How long have you um?" Caitlin was about to asked but felt awkward asking the question

"Felt this way?' he finished for her and she nodded bitting her lower lip which made him smile for a plot second. "Too long to not tell you" he said and she smiled and accidentally rolled a bit put pressure on his stomach. He then hissed in pain because there were some broken ribs there. She then was worried and stood up immodestly.

"I'm so so sorry" Caitlin apologised stepping away from the bed

"Cait, it. was an accident its fine" he said and she shook her head "Come here" he patted the spot next to him again and she shook her head again. "Cait, please"

"I don't want to hurt you" She said 

"You won't come on" He said and she started on the very edge almost as if she was going to fall off. "Cait" he said in a pleading tone for her to lie down.

"Its been a long day and night you should get some rest" Caitlin said

"Not unless you're lying down" Barry said and motioned for her to come lie down next to him again "You won't hurt me" Caitlin the slowly and with caution lied down next to him but out distance between them.

"I might" she said

"You won't" he said and the used the arm that he had around her to pull her closer to him.

"Barry" Caitlin said but he put a halt to the topic completely

"Will you be my girlfriend?" he blurted out and at first she was puzzled and then realised what was happening and kissed him again. 4 times in a few minuets, this was defiantly not what she was expecting when he woke up.

"I'll take that as a yes" he said against her lips and she nodded and then broke the kiss to hug him but made sure that she wasn't putting any pressure on him.

"Are you feeling ok?" she asked and now had a hint of fear in her eyes

"So much better now you know I love you" He said and his hand trailed up and down her back to try and sooth her so she wasn't worrying as much.

"You need rest" she said

"So do you" he pointed back and she rest her head on the pillow and he held her in one arm.

"Good night, I love you" Caitlin said softly and ran her hand through his hair once

"I love you more, good night" he kissed her temple

"Not possible" she whispered in his ear and he smiled

"Anything is possible" Barry said "You should know that by now" and this conversation went on for longer than they thought and never ended up sleeping.