My home, is your home.

It was 3pm when dad announced that we were 5 minutes away from Philadelphia. I was thrilled. Not thrilled because we were so close to a place I have never been to before, but because I will finally get to exit the vehicle after hours.
We have finally arrived to our destination, an area I will be able to call home. The van stopped and I quickly opened the door and got out. I scanned the house from the bottom to the top. It was bigger than the one in Toronto. The white walls were all ruptured and covered in staff vines, berries and lots of leaves. I stared at its beautiful flaws. I, then, notice something or someone on the roof. It seems to be the same girl as the one who was in the cafeteria earlier today. It's like we're communicating without words.
"Riley, darling. Aren't you going to help us move the boxes in?" I snap out of it and tried to forget about the connection I just had with that child. I carried a few packages and to put them in the house. The inside is enormous, dark, empty and urges you to dance around. As I entered, something made a high pitched noise. I took another step and I understood that I was standing on a wooden floor that seemed to squeak every time someone entered. We put all the boxes in their places and dad said the furniture will come in about 2 hours. Since my job is done, I decided to take a tour of the house. "While you look around, pick the room where you want your bedroom to be in, hun." mother told me. I decided to start from upstairs, this way, I get to be alone, since my parents are on the ground floor. As I climb the stairs, I think about the girl. Was she a human? A hallucination? Was she a living soul? A ghost? How can I not tell the difference between tangible and intangible? I arrived to the second floor, looked left then right, then walked to the right direction. I've passed 3 rooms, all similar to each other except one was bigger which meant that it was for my parents, and I just had one left. This time, it was different: there wasn't a door and the light was naturally a mix of black and blue yet it was only 4:55pm.
Someone was mentally dragging me to the room. I felt possessed. The closer I got, the stronger the wind, blowing on my face, got. As I stood right where the door is supposed to be, I noticed that the window was a quarter open, so I eventually had to close it. "Riley..." a voice murmured. "Let me in" it continued. I tried to walk towards the window, but the wind was much too strong. Knock knock knock. There were thumps on the window, yet I don't see anyone. Knock knock knock. Again.