Chapter 48 : Pretenses

*{Harry POV}*

"We're here." Louis stated rather coldly as he stared ahead, not even making a single eye contact with me. I felt terrible. Did I make the right decision? Was it right to practically guilt him into allowing me to come? All these questions practically popped in, to my head.

"Hey Lou--" "Guys we're landing, buckle up." Liam commanded, completely interrupting me. "Hmm?" Louis smiled, but it did not reach his eyes. I wanted to say that I wanted to leave, forget my stupid idea, but, somehow the word didn't escape my lips. "Nothing, S'nothing." I smiled also. Pain flashed through his eyes for a quick second, looking like he's seen through my ruse, but he nodded anyways. "Alright, let's go." he urged, as his hand entwined with mine, and suddenly, I felt at least ten times calmer.

"Thanks." I murmured silently as we started taking small steps out of the plane. He kept silent, but his grip on my hand somehow tightened, and this little gesture assured me that he was there with me, he can handle it, and that I shouldn't be worried. All of that in one simple act. A shiver ran down my spine the moment I set foot on ground, and Louis quickly stopped, and shrugged off his thin jacket, wrapping it snuggly against me. I furrowed my brows together, and was about to ask him why he would give me the coat when it was absolutely freezing outside, but seeing that he was technically cold-blooded, I couldn't get myself to protest.

We came to an abrupt stop, and whirled around to face the other way. "Alright, you guys have it?" he suddenly asked the lads from behind us. Zayn smiled, and gave a curt nod to Liam, who 'suddenly' had a freshly crisp suit by hand, accompanied by a thin layer of plastic (fancy-looking plastic) to indicate that it's been freshly washed, and clearly took a visit to the ironing club by how damn fine it looked. I wouldn't lie if I said that I can already imagine Louis wearing them already, and how the dark navy tint of the blazer will greatly compliment and contrast his deep blue cerulean eyes, rendering me useless, and anyone who sees to their complete and utter demise.

Louis sent them a small smile, while grabbing the contents with one hand, and tugging me excitedly once again. This was the gesture I wanted, this was the little act that I needed. I find myself quickly mirroring his smile, and allowed him to lead me into the washroom. Inside, reminded me of ancient Greece with all the marble-like furniture around us.

The floor tiles seemed to reflect anything in sight without any sight of dirt, the bathroom smelt oddly like honey dew, and there's granite sinks by the side with a massive, clean mirror big enough to see both myself clearly, and Louis who started shedding his clothing in seconds. Slowly, he leaned through one of the oakwood bathroom stalls, and removed his current trousers. I bit on my bottom lip, and tried counting the many mosaic glassworks above us hanging on the ceiling, trying to remove the many imagines that ran through my head. Man, he better get himself dressed up soon, because I'm a bit tempted to ask Liam or Zayn for handcuffs or something.

"Something the matter Haz?" he asked in an almost to innocent voice, his massive smirk evident under the fluorescent bulbs. I swallowed slightly, and nodded. "S'nothing." I tried reassuring him with a poker smile. He gave me a nonchalant shrug, and shimmied into his suit slowly and carefully as if he was doing it to taunt me. My thoughts came in a blank, but somewhere in the deep recesses of my mind, with my newly discovered confidence, I thought, maybe this won't be too bad.

**Zayn POV**

"Hey Ni, what do you think they're doing in there..? They're taking so long!" I teased, sliding my chin on the crook of his neck, and wrapping my arms around his petite waist. From the background, I can hear ear distaste from the adults in the background, but I didn't let go. Niall didn't seem fazed in the least.. In fact, he seemed oblivious to the obvious snide remarks, and filthy language thrown at us. He threw back a barking laugh, and nodded. "Should we go do something?" he offered slightly while he turned himself around, to give me a peck on the lips, and threw one of his 'specialty smiles' to them, making them shiver in the process.