ℙ𝕒𝕣𝕥☯︎1

I know Tyler is cutting.

He is being extremely distant from me and I'm going crazy over here, waiting for him to come to me.

We decided not to force the other into anything and that's only why I've been letting him loose. But the more days are going, the more marks are appearing on his arms, even some on his thighs.

How do I know? Well, during our late night schemes, I managed to get a look at them.

He was such a bitch about it though. He immediately did the deed and diverted my attention off him. Doesn't mean I forgot about it.

It's Christmas coming in two days and we, well mostly Enid, made us pick stupid papers written with each others' names on it for our secret santa thingy. It's too damn childish but we played along for her sake.

I got Tyler, thankfully. I dunno who he got though, he doesn't even seem like he's paying any attention to this thing. I hope he's okay, he's really worrying me.

"So, before we exchange gifts and reveal our secret santas, we are gonna have a rocking party at Bianca's!" Enid exclaims and the others yell and cheer while I narrow my eyes at my boyfriend who's currently curling and uncurling his fingers like he wants something. He seems on edge.

"Ty?" I softly call and place my hand on his knee to gain his focus on me.

He jumps a little, giving me a nervous chuckle, "Yeah?"

"You good?" I ask, sure my eyes are pleading for him to open up.

He stares a couple seconds longer then nods. "Yeah. I'm def fine." He smiles, the corners of his eyes don't twitch like usual.

I smile back as he resumes watching our friends fight over what to give the other in random. His fingers still doing that thing, so in a way of comforting him, I take his hand and lace our fingers together, my thumb stroking over the back of his hand in a soothing manner, he momentarily relaxes.

I know he loves my touches, it calms him, but not for long though. I wish I could stay with him 24/7. I bring his hand to my lips and place a kiss on his knuckles.

He looks down at me and gives me his full smile, melting my heart.

I've already given this boy all of my heart, soul and body. What more could I gift him?

Himself. I'm gonna give him his love for himself back so that he knows not to hurt, I'm gonna have to try my best. I know it won't be an easy way but I'm not giving up.

I go to the store and grab the things I need for him and wrap them in nice papers. I sigh in relief and smile to myself. I hope he gets my message clear.

☯︎☯︎☯︎

Soon enough Christmas morning rolls around and we all gather in Enid's room for our gift exchange thing.

I see Enid hand over a small box to Bianca, Bianca giving something to Xavier and they share a small eye contact before Xavier clears his throat and hands his gift to Eugene. Eugene gives Ajax and Ajax gives a big box to Enid. Leaving the two of us.

Everyone laughs and I chuckle cause we got each other. How cliche and it does amaze me that we sure are connected by Fate.

"Here." I hand him the small boxes, containing different things that may matter to him.

His eyes shine and he smiles thankfully then hands me a box that looks like there's a bracelet or maybe a locket in it.

"Guys, sorry. But we're gonna open ours at mine. I want it to be a special moment." I say and stand up, pulling Tyler on his feet as well.

He looks at me confused but I shrug.

"But, promise us, you'll show them later?" Enid warns and I nod.

Then we both leave in Tyler's car.

"Okay, so let's do it." Tyler says as we both sit cross legged on the floor of my room, face to face.

I open mine first and my cheeks hurt from grinning so wide when I see what he's got me.

It's a locket indeed. A black rose with a silver chain connected to it.

"It's beautiful, babe. Thank you so much." I say and hug him. He gives me a kiss on the cheek. "You're welcome, darling."

"Now, it's your turn." I say.

He exhales a little then opens the first box. His face contorts in confusion, very adorably, as he eyes the small mirror in his hand.

It's a mini mirror in a guitar shape frame, dark with small stones on the strings.

He looks at me and I know he wants to know the meaning behind this.

"Well, I want you to look at yourself and know that this is the face of the person I have come to love. And this is the face I wish to wake up to everyday in my life untill we both grow old and grey."

His face softens and a known recognition flashes across his face as he averts his gaze, kinda looking defeated. His fingers tap on his knee and I know this is the signs when he wants to tell me something but he doesn't have the courage.

I take his hand and softly smile at him, blinking my eyes to assure him. He manages the smile back but ignores the topic and picks up the next box.

He unwraps it and a small laugh leaves his lips at the sight of a skull locket.

"What's this for?" He chuckles.

"To remind you that you're no good to me if you become like this." I say jokingly and he turns serious once again.

"Hey," I cup one side of his face, "I'm just kidding. This is to remind you of the time we went in a halloween haunted house and I got so scared seeing a skull sculpture that I jumped in your arms. And at that exact time, you stared in my eyes and said 'I like you, be my date'."

His eyes slightly glisten as he gazes at me with love and fondness, he leans forward and kisses my lips.

"I love you, babe. You're the best." He whispers against my lips.

"No, you are the best. I want you to know that you are very special to me. Each time and day spent with you is special to me and I want more of this Christmases to keep coming in our lives."

He kisses me again. Longer and deeper, melting me like a damn lava.

I hope he gets the hints I'm trying to throw through my lines.

☯︎☯︎☯︎

A/N:-

Suggestion of 'self-harm and secret santa' by habibti_faith1
The rest of the plot is mine.