Chapter 19

Chapter 19

Wendy blared her horn again. I shut my eyes to calm myself down and opened the front door. I really hate it when people just randomly blare their horns again and again. It's really really irritating. Go figure.

"When did you decided to go deaf?"She snapped at me when I was seated inside the car.

"When you decided to go blind. And I already said sorry." I told her snarkily. I mean, what's her problem?

"By the way, you look nice." I told her again after a few minutes of silence. I know she was just meaning to say it in a more polite way. But she did look nice with her black colored wrap dress and silver killer heels. She had on a few golden jewelry.

"Thanks. You do too." She said while keeping her eyes on the road as we drove through a well kept society.

And just like that, we were best friends again.

The party was in full swing, by the time we reached Peter's house. It was a really huge house. Lean On by Major Lazer was playing when we stepped in the house. It was a really nice sight, really. With some people just dancing the same steps as Major Lazer was dancing in that video. Oh boy. But, boy, that song was awesome.

"I will be back in a few minutes, okay?" Wendy shouted through the music. I nodded and just wandered to find a seat. People were now noticing me and well, just staring. All the boys were openly ogling me. I was feeling a little uncomfortable with all of those looks. I wrapped my both arms together. Where the hell did Wendy go?

"Hey, cutie! Wanna dance?" A copper haired boy, taller than me asked, appearing in front of me.

"No thanks." I gave him a small smile and went past him to search for a drink. I really needed to drink something right now. Luckily a person whizzed past me with a glass of pink liquid. I grabbed it from his hands and sipped it up before he could react.

The liquid burned my throat as it went down. I cringed from this burning feeling. It wasn't that I hadn't drank before, it's just because I drank it so fast. It was horrible.

Just then I caught a a mob of red hair coming towards me. Andy.

"Hi, Andy. What's up?" I casually asked her. She had worn a dark green short dress and black stilettos.

"I am cool, thanks. So I just wanted to remind you that we will be starting practice tomorrow morning at say, 8, okay?" She looked at me expectantly.

Crap. I had completely forgotten about it. I was glad that she reminded me. Phew.

"Yeah, yeah. Sure. "I tried to smile at her.

"Thanks. You are awesome." She had almost turned around but then she faced me again. "And don't worry about those photos. They are nothing but a a piece of dregs. And besides, me and my cheer leading squad support you. Fully. Yeah?" She smiled a comforting smile at me and went into the crowd again.

I was really relieved for that, really. I am so glad that I got a friend like her.

"Scarlet?" It was Ian. Oh my gosh. What is he doing here?

I turned around to face him and my eyes literally widened. He looked hot, like grilling hot. He had on a dark fitting maroon shirt with dark blue jeans and a pair of sneakers. He had his brown hair gelled and it looked quite happening. Everyone was giving him a once over. My stomach lit with giddiness.