Chapter 9

Chapter 9

When I went to school the day after, I saw a bunch of people around the notice board area. Their was commotion all round the place. I dipped into the crowd and tried to read the contents on the notice board. And then I saw Noah and I went upto him. 

"Hey, what's up?" I plopped in front of him. 

"Nothing, just that the trip has been cancelled off in the last minute! Can you believe it?" He said dejectedly.

"Seriously? Why?" Oh man, I had brought so many things for the trip! Oh, and I still hadn't started my packing yet. So that was good, I guess. I saw people whining about this cancellation of our trip at the eleventh hour and I thought, poor peeps, they must have started their packing already but I didn't! Yay! 

"I so wanted to bang Shelby but I guess that's a no no now." Noah said while putting his head on my shoulder and his shoulders slumped slightly. 

"Noah, why would you bring that up? Gross!" I shrugged off his head from my shoulders. He was so.. Uhh! 

He frowned and then said, "I was just stating my grave misfortune which has been inflicted upon my manhood. I thought you'd understand." He was so weird.

"Whatever. But I think you do need to get laid to test your 'manliness', to know whether it's still there or not. PS. Please learn English" I cheekily said to him and then he looked so funny for a moment like a lost child but then he narrowed his lids. I widened my eyes when he said," You are so dead, Scarlett." 

I slowly started to back away when he advanced and then I turned around and started to run away. I looked back to see that the crowd had obscured me a little. Thank God. But still I didn't wanted defeat so then I found Wendy by her locker and hid behind her. She looked questioningly at me. I said, "Hide me." 

"I know where you are, missy!" Noah said with a high pitch. I peeped a little and saw that he was standing there with both of his hands on his hips and was now frowning at me. Gulp. 

"What do you want, Noah?" Wendy asked him. He replied, "I want her to tell me that my English is really banging and my manliness is very much manly, thank you very much."

"What?" Wendy was so dense sometimes. I laughed at the pair. Noah looked at me sharply and I complied.

"Okay, okay, Noah, sorry for putting a question on your, uh, manliness." I said and he smiled cheekily at me and put his hand on my shoulder, said, " Now that's my girl." He pinched my both cheeks and it hurt like crazy. "But this girl," he looked at Wendy and shook his head. "Heaven, please heip all people but her more than anyone."

Wendy clearly looked pissed off at him. She looked like she could murder him any chance she gets. 

I looked at Wendy closely because I knew that she had a bad past with him. Before she could say anything I met Noah's eyes and mouthed at him 'Go now'. He complied with me and I was left alone with Wendy. Wendy and him were dating before but then Noah broke up with her because of some 'issues'. Wendy wouldn't tell me anything about it but then she loves to keep secrets. 

"Why would he do that to me?" She was almost on the verge of crying. I hugged her.

"Wendy, you know he doesn't do that to annoy you, you know that, right? Deep down, he still has some feelings for you." I said. I didn't like her to be so down.

"How would you know that?" She turned to me and raised her eyebrow. I didn't say anything. "There. You don't. " She turned around and walked away to her class. 

....................

At AP Maths, I sat down on the last bench, thinking things through. My mind was not really not working clearly right now.