Chapter Nineteen

It was dinner time. They sat and ate their meal in total silence and Luna's mother sensed that something was wrong but she didn't dare to ask because she wouldn't want to ruin the mood as they eat peacefully.

"Your highness, sorry for interrupting. There's a letter for prince Yoo" A guard came and bowed. Taeyang took the letter and thanked him before sitting back properly.

"It's from my Kingdom" He said as he read.

"Oh, how about you finish your meal and then you read it." The queen suggested and he agreed.

After they finished, he went to the room that be was staying in and opened the letter and read it.

It was from his parents. They told him to go back to their kingdom because they need him and they would send him a carriage in the next morning to pick him up.

He sighed. He was feeling sad because he was leaving soon and he was sure he would miss Luna so much as he developed feelings for her. He never said anything about his feelings but he admitted to himself that he really started liking the princess.

He thought about her day and night. He couldn't imagine staying away from her for a long time. So, he made a promise to himself to visit her from time to time.

Next morning

"Thank you again, your highness" Taeyang bowed to the queen and smiled.

"It's nothing. I shall be the one thanking you. And please, call me mother" she smiled softly.

Luna stepped ahead next to her mother and smiled to him.

"I had a great time. Thank you for staying with me all these days. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't be here today" Luna said and bowed but the prince took her hand and kissed it. She blushed.

"I'm glad you are doing better" His smile made her heart skip a beat.

She smiled one last time and their hands slowly slipped away from each other.

Taeyang bowed one last time before getting inside the carriage.

When he arrived, he was greeted by his parents.

"Oh my son, I missed you dearly" His mother hugged him tightly.

"I missed you too" he said and hugged her back.

"Let's go, it's lunch time" The king said interrupting the mother and son's lovely time. Then, they walked to the luxurious dinning room.

As the maids served different delicious plates, the mother started putting and filling her son's plate with different dishes as she told him to eat well because she didn't witness him eating all this time and she wouldn't stop thinking if he ate enough or not.

"Mother, I'm not a kid anymore. I've been well so don't worry at all" Taeyang comforted his mom as he ate. The king watched as he scoffed. Probably jealous from the attention his son stole. He wanted some from his wife.

"He's right. He's all grown up now. He can take care of himself."

"I know that. I can see how handsome he became " She gently brushed his cheeks and grinned at him.

"Speaking of. I hope you didn't forget about what we discussed the last time on this table" The king reminded him.

"I-I don't... remember" Taeyang tried to recall but couldn't.

"We'll hold a ballroom for you to choose a princess" His mother spoke before his father.

"How many times do we have to bring this up?" Taeyang sighed, losing his appetite.

"I'm giving up my throne soon" The king announced.

"What!?" Taeyang got shocked at his father's decision.

That was so soon!