Chapter 12 ~ An Incoming Interlude.

Meanwhile, in the depths of the cold and desolate Snowdin forest, Dogamy and Dogaressa were patrolling as usual through the route they had been designated to take since they entered the Royal guard. Though, there was an oddly familiar scent in the air, rather than the usual smell of runt of the pack monster dust.

Dogamy happened to step on something while following the path, to which he seemed a little pissed off about. Small things tended to get him angry, that of which he was trying to work on.. Nowadays, he'd been catching himself lashing out at Dogaressa unintentionally.

The dog growled a little under his breath as he glanced down, slowly raising his foot from the ground to reveal a half smoked dog biscuit on the floor. Dogamy merely scoffed and reached down to pick it up. "Look at that. Doggo's leftovers. Unusual that he'd leave it here of all places."

Dogaressa sighed as she stopped in the middle of her tracks, glancing back and down at the dog biscuit in her boyfriend's paw. She turned and put her hand on her hip. "Speaking of which, where has he been? He still owes me after the poker game last week.."

Dogamy chuckled a little under his breath as he rolled his eyes. "Who the hell knows. That guy is never consistent.. Maybe he finally got fired since he'd been slacking off too much." He sighed out, flicking the useless dog biscuit to the side. "Regardless, he'd still show up to poker, wouldn't he.."

As the male of the two grumbled some of his thoughts out loud, he tried to come up with some kind of reason as to why he hadn't seen Doggo.. At all. Sure, they weren't in the same company, but he'd usually see him out and about, even if it was just to smoke near his post..

Just then however, his girlfriend Dogaressa picked up a strong scent in the near distance. She reached over slightly to grab Dogamy's shoulder to get his attention. "Hey, wait a second.. I.. I think I smell him." She mumbled, before beginning to follow the scent she had picked up.

Dogamy gave a scoff as he watched her totally walk off without him, glaring daggers at her slightly. He was almost sure Dogaressa had been hiding something from him for a while now.. Like, who the hell knows someone's scent right off the bat when they hardly knew them?

The male dog followed his girlfriend reluctantly, crossing his arms. There had to be a reason why she was so insistent on finding Doggo.. when Dogaressa stopped however, Dogamy ended up bumping into her, which caused him to scowl aggressively. "Hey! Don't just-"

Dogamy's words were taken from his mouth when he noticed his girlfriends shocked look on her face, before he looked down to see a decently large pile of dust that had been blowing away by the day.. "That's.. That's where it's coming from.." Dogaressa gulped a little, feeling a little upset. Doggo treated her better than Dogamy ever could..

Dogamy gritted his teeth and scoffed under his breath, sitting up slightly. "No way. He couldn't be dead that easy. That's gotta be some random weak monster's dust, missy. Get over it." He sighed, cracking his knuckles.

One apparent thing stood out to Dogaressa however, that of which sat a barely singed dog biscuit sitting there in the snow. Right near the dust. "Right there.." She muttered, before she inhaled sharply and raised her battle axe. "We need to tell Undyne."

Dogamy growled slowly as he glared to the side at his so called girlfriend.. So much of one she was.. "Oh right, like Doggo matters to you that much.. Fucking hell, let's just go. Hey.. Why Undyne? Shouldn't we tell the Boss?" He sighed, having to follow Dogaressa once again..

"Obviously not! I would if the Boss was actually the captain, but Undyne would be able to do the most about it! Come on!" Dogaressa sniffed, rushing across the long bridge.. a few years fell from her face.. How painstaking. Dogamy happened to noticed, which made him think she was more pathetic.. No doubts now, she had definitely been cheating on him with Doggo.

Ah well, that bitch deserved it. Quite frankly, he had these suspicions since before his anger issues started acting up.. And he hated being used like that. He was almost tempted to cut ties with her right now.. But, to hell with it. Maybe he could use this for his own amusement.. He'd like to see Dogaressa try to get away from him.

...

After a while of the two running, they had made it to where Undyne was currently patrolling, in Waterfall.. As they approached though, Undyne raised her spear to stop them from getting any closer. "State your business as to why you're interrupting your Captain's work."

Dogamy and Dogaressa had to glance at eachother, to figure out which of them would be the first to speak. The male of the two opted to speak before the female one could. "Captain Undyne, we found a loss in our numbers just moments ago, from the 3rd company." Dogamy sighed a little, out of breath from running all the way just to keep up with Dogaressa..

"We found the dust of Doggo, ma'am.. We didn't find any evidence of any humans around either.. Only the scent of dust.." Dogaressa inhaled a little to try to catch her own breath, sitting up a little to look up at Undyne.

The fish merely lowered her spear as she sat up, turning towards the two and sighing. "To tell me one of our members died of an unknown cause.. Was there really no other evidence. This is.. News to me. It explains why he hadn't been checking in for work."

Undyne sighed slowly and adjusted her gloves on her armor, walking between the middle of the two dogs before her. "I'll see what I can come up with.. On the off chance I find the culprit.. I'll see if it's a promotion opportunity for you two." She finished off, despawning her bloody spear..

As Undyne walked off, Dogaressa thanked her profusely, that of which Dogamy was very displeased with.. It seemed to make him broil with rage as to why she seemed so thankful. Surely not that thankful just because of the promotion opportunity.

Even so, in the male dogs opinion, Papyrus could have done a far better job at finding out who it was that killed Doggo... It's the Boss, after all. He trusted him more than he'd ever trust Undyne.. He just couldn't, not after what the Boss told him about her.

Either way, Dogamy began to leave with a resting bitch face, and Dogaressa had to quickly follow behind him to make sure she wasn't left behind, considering she acted desperate for attention any chance she got..

What a terrible relationship.