Chapter 14: Ed Gein's House of Horror - Part 1

Hi, hello! How are you? I hope you're having a good day so far, and I'm happy to have you back.

Have you ever seen the movies "Psycho," "Texas Chainsaw Massacre," or "The Silence of the Lambs"? After watching films like these, don't you feel a sense of relief, knowing that it's just fiction?

What if I told you that the characters in those movies were inspired by a real person named Edward Gein? Have you heard of him?

DISCLAIMER: The following is intended for mature readers ONLY. It contains gruesome descriptions, graphic pictures and strong language. Reader discretion is advised.

Now, grab your wine, grab your snacks and popcorn and let's get into the story!!

**

Edward Theodore Gein, known as Ed Gein, was born on August 27, 1906, in La Crosse, Wisconsin. La Crosse, located along Wisconsin's western border, was a significant city during the turn of the century, boasting three universities, several breweries, and a thriving logging industry.

 La Crosse, located along Wisconsin's western border, was a significant city during the turn of the century, boasting three universities, several breweries, and a thriving logging industry

Ed's parents were George Philip Gein and Augusta Wilhelmine and he had an older brother called Henry George Gein.

Ed's parents were George Philip Gein and Augusta Wilhelmine, and he had an older brother named Henry George Gein. Augusta, Ed's mother, was born to German immigrants Amalia and Frederick Lehrke. She was described as a thick set buxom woman.

She was very intimidating, like she had a very stern face

Augusta had been raised in a strict household, where her father enforced a rigid code of conduct through regular beatings. She grew up with Old Lutheran beliefs, which taught that every single human actions and thoughts were tainted by sin and all humans were doomed for eternal damnation in hell.

"Old Lutherans" were conservative dissenters from Lutheran church reform, resistant to change. According to Lutheran teachings, every human thought and deed is tainted with sin and its sinful motives, resulting in the deserved damnation of all humanity in hell.