Chapter 5

A/N

Listen to the song when I will point! You'll need some holy water then!

Mick confidently picks up the receiver and dials the number that Kim says, the brunette is on his right, looking at him nervously.

"Everything will be fine, honey," Mick touches her shoulder, putting the receiver to his ear.

She smiles weakly, nodding.

???: "Hello?" A voice is heard on the other side.

Mick: "Hello, Mrs. Rubenovic. This is Mr. Deal speaking."

Liz: "Oh you..." The woman's voice drops. "What... What do you want?"

Mick: "I want us all to be on good terms. For the sake of your daughter especially. We need to clarify some things. Could you come to Kim's apartment and we can talk?"

Liz: "Does Kim know all this?" Liz sounds incredulous.

Mick: "Of course," Mick gives the brunette next to him a quick look. "She is here with me."

There is a break for a few tens of seconds. It looks like Liz is thinking hard about his proposal.

Liz: "Okay. I'll be there in an hour."

Mick: "Great. Kim and I will be waiting for you."

Liz: "Okay. Bye!" The woman hangs up.

Kim sighs as Mick turns to her and takes her in his arms, her gaze is blank.

"Everything will be fine, honey," he encourages her. "You'll see."

"I hope so," she smiles at him, glancing deeply into his blue eyes. "My mom can be very stubborn."

"Like you?" He chuckles, making her also chuckle slowly despite the restlessness that envelops her mind.

After an hour...

The couple kisses, as they are at the table in the dining room. They are disturbed by the doorbell.

"This must be mom," Kim jumps up quickly, rolling towards the entrance.

Mick tries to keep his composure, waiting patiently. The front door is open and the voices of Liz and Kim are heard, Kim invites her mother to the dining room. Mick smiles softly as he sees Liz and Kim appear. Liz chooses a neutral expression, sitting down at the table with her daughter and Mick.

"Mom, do you want to eat? Mick and I made a dish together..."

"No need, my dear," smiles the woman. "I'm not hungry. We just came to talk," she casts a serious look at Mick.

"That's right," Mick says slowly and takes Kim's hand, looking deeply into her dark eyes, as a kind of encouragement that the discussion will be beneficial.

Mrs. Rubenovic, Mick begins but is interrupted by Liz.

"Oh, please. You can call me Liz. We are close in age after all," she utters the last sentence in a sarcastic tone.