Chapter 3

A Ice Storm Hits:

Zabuza and Haku's room; Gatou's fortress

The tall, fearsome, and most horrifying of all, eyebrow less Zabuza, of the seven swordsman of the mist, rolled his shoulders, with the concurring pop. His assistant, the young Haku, smiled.

"Your feeling better, Zabuza-Sama" Haku asked. If anything could be seen under Zabuza's mask over his mouth, he might actually be smiling.

"Yes Haku-Chan, I am"

Zabuza had found the young Haku during a mission many years ago, before his attempted coup against the Yondiame Mizukage. While she, yes his companion was female, hadn't taken part, she agreed to leave with him, and has since followed him on his mission; to get enough money and physical power to help his old friend.

Truth was Zabuza was old friends with Yagura, the Yondiame Mizukage and Jinchuuriki of the Sanbi, the Three Tailed Turtle. Back in his childhood, they had been friends; both were misunderstood orphans, Zabuza just a few years older than Yagura. In fact, the reason he slaughtered an entire graduation class, besides to prove that an orphan with self training was good enough to be a Mizu Ninja, but also to spare Yagura the fate of fighting your own comrades. Because of everyone's hatred for him, he would have been gang attacked, and if the Three Tails was unleashed...

Zabuzza had also known Utakata, the Rokubi Jinchuuriki. Back in the day they had fought together, once he, Utakata and Yagura had single handily defeated an entire army of Shinobi from the Land of Frost during the Third Shinobi World War.

However, with Zabuza's help, Yagura was able to figure out how to control the Sanbi, because of a forgotten Kekkai Genkai his clan had; a Doujutsu that caused Yagura's distinct purple eyes, which enabled him to control the Three Tails. He hadn't been able to activate it, and the Sanbi didn't exactly help, until Zabuza managed to help him. Afterwards, Yagura was quickly able to become the Yondiame Mizukage at age 15, and Zabuza one of the legendary swordsman to help his friend maintain power.

Then, his friend began suffering from nightmares, all of which had a similar pattern; red eyes with tomoe. These dreams stirred the Three Tails, causing the poor Kage horrid nightmares and hallucinations. Then, there was the Kiri Council.

Like Konoha, the council had a civilian side, and they were petrified of Kekkai Genkai. This, rather absurd fear resulted in a war in Mizu decades ago, that they kept alive in the civilians of the Land of Water via propaganda, as well as the Ninja Villages. That's why clans like the Yuki that Haku hailed from had to go into hiding.

The last time he had seen Yagura, he had just had one of his ANBU; a man named Ao, do some spying on the civilian council with his stolen Byakugan eye, and had made a startling discovery. They were paying a mysterious group, with strange black robes covered in red clouds, to influence the Mizukage with a mysterious Genjutsu, causing the unrest of the beast inside of him, that they were able to use as a sign of insanity to keep Yagura from interfering with the bloodline purges that were devastating the local ninja. These ninja, one who had a hunched back and a strange hat, and the other with long blond hair and an obnoxious voice, never said who they brought in, but they were definitely responsible.

So, Yagura gathered Ao, one of the top Jonin in the village named Mei Terumi, a rather attractive red head with two Kekkai Genkai, and himself, and devised a plan. Yagura knew that dramatic action had to be done, and knowing his name would be blackened from the council's action regardless, asked his old friend to stage a coup to kill the civilian council, while Ao and Mei unsealed the three tails and released it, to stop the council for getting their hands on it for their own use. However, he did leave a few requests.