Chapter 35: Finals Kurotsuchi vs Naruto

Konoha Stadium

Kurotsuchi and Naruto stared one another down, the thrill of the fight filling the air. Kurotsuchi seemed to be giving up odd amounts of killer intent.

Naruto wasn't quite sure how he'd pull this off. This girl was powerful, and he didn't have the same ace that Fu had

Flashback; training

"AHHH!" Naruto was flung off the top of a cliff by Jiraiya. For a week, they had been trying to get the Nine Tails chakra, but nothing he, the pervy sage, or Fu reccomented was working. So, Jiraiya had this brilliant idea, that deathly perril would be the way to go.

However, he made the mistake of doing this where the girls were in eyesight of him...

"NARUTO-KUN...ICE RELEASE; Ball Implosion..." Jiraiya welped in pain, before poofing into smoke. They groaned in annoyance. The pervert was getting smarter at avoiding them now.

"AGH, Summoning jutsu!" a giant poof of smoke filled the area, as a great purple shape lept out of the chasm, with Gamaken the armed toad lept into the air and landed with a shake, leaving Naruto behind on the ground before poofing away. The real pervy sage then appeared via body flicker.

"So, that didn't work either did it?" the trio glared at him, as did the observer...stalker...Hinata. She had been observing most of their training sessions, and now knew their secrets, the kekkei genkai and tailed beasts. Not that she had anything against that, she did come from a clan whose traditions were demonic enough, not to mention the pervertedness. Not that any of them knew this.

"But why can't I call on the Kyubbi's chakra? I did against that puppet guy?" Naruto pouted. Jiraiya appeared to be in thought about this, before he had an hypothesis on the situation

"Perhaps its the seal that gave you your kekkei genkai" he surmised "you do say that you always appear to gain new powers when in crisis" they nodded "that would normally be when the kyubbi chakra would be released. The seal must filter it out, while you get healed, your unable to access it normally. As to your battle with Kankuro, he might have temporarily deactivated the filter, I don't know"

End flashback

Without the Fox's powerboost, he'd be weaker physically then when he was fighting Kankuro. For that reason, Kurotsucih will be prepared for a stronger Naruto, thus overprepared now.

"The third match; Kurotsuchi of both scales vs Uzumaki Naruto; Begin" Shino blinked.

"That's bad" Haku, Fu and Hinata stared at him in confusion.

"Huh?"

"Both scales, that's the title of the third Tsuchikage of Iwa. That means she's related to the man, an immensely powerful shinobi with a kekkei tota called Dust Release. While it is a very difficult one to use, an issue with it is it can breed related Kekkei Genkai, such as..."

"LAVA RELEASE; LAVA GEYSER!" out of the ground below Naruto, a huge burst of Lava surged forth, which he barely avoided. Shino sweatdropped.

"Lava release..." Hinata gasped.

"Naruto-Kun" Fu shook her head.

"This is probably going to be tough...wait if Kurotsuchi can...can Hinata do something similar with her Aurora Release" Shino contemplated.

"Yes, with training" Hinata smiled slightly. Perhaps watching Naruto-kun did more than fill her in on his secrets.

"Okay, you asked for it...Aura Release; Aura Sphere!" the blue sphere formed in Naruto's hands, before the attack was sent surging forward towards Kurotsuchi, who smirked..