Chapter 10: A heroes Aura

Konoha; Training Ground 3 the next day

The Third Training ground, where the failure of a team, the original team seven, had their first test; a test which got our beloved orange wearing ninja tied to a post. But instead of finding either Kakashi; who was currently getting therapy, Naruto; who had just left with Shibuki and Haku to find Fu, or the team of Sasuke, Sakura and Sai; as Sasuke was still in the ER, Sakura was in hysterics after hearing what had happened to the Uchiha fortunes and now the council was drawing up some sort of "Save the Uchiha" fund, and Sai, no one had any idea where he was.

Instead, this training ground found itself in the presence of the much more stable team 8; Hinata Hyuga, the tall, mysterious shade wearing Shino Aburame and the fur jacket, wild looking Kiba Inuzuka, and his small white puppy Akamaru. They were waiting for their Jonin Sensei, the strange dressing, odd eyed Kurenia Yuhi.

"Strange things are stirring" Shino commented to break the silence. Kiba smirked.

"Hell yeah they are Shino-San, and I fail to see the problem with any of them. Sasuke is dirt poor and in the hospital, we finally have enough money for a pool, and with Team seven all messed up, I doubt we're have to worry about them in the Chunnin exams" Hinata looked away, and Kiba quickly edited what he said.

"I mean, Sasuke-Teme and Sakura-san, are probably not going to be in the chunnin exams" now most people would think that Kiba was a womanizer, based off his dog like looks and behavior. That was far from the case. His mother was one of the most terrifying Konoichi in the village, perhpas the entire Shinobi world. There's a reason his dad ran for the hills, and it may have involved a dress, a tomato and pack mentality.

In addition, he was one of Naruto's old friends, dating back to before he even met Akamaru. Because of that, he was probably one of the reasons that Naruto didn't end up like the Jinchuriki of Suna, as in an insane blood thirsty maniac, in addition to people like Iruka, the Sandiame, Choji and Shikamaru.

That, and he was one of the few people to ever see, and survive against an enraged Hinata, when Akamaru ate Hinata's last cinnamon bun. The poor puppy was nearly neutered before Hinata calmed down, apologized, and cried her eyes out.

"Oh, that's okay, Kiba-san" she smiled nervously, poking her fingers together. Kiba had a devious smirk. While he knew quite well not to enrage Hinata, teasing her about her feelings, provided he didn't insult Naruto of course.

"So, I hear you have some competition, eh Hinata-Chan" she looked at him in surprise nervously "I mean, I can tell you like Naruto-San, I can smell it*. But the thing is, I can smell Haku-san has feelings for him just the same as you do, and knowing Naruto, I bett that the new teammate he's gone off to get will like him too, if she's female. Wonder if your be able to snag yourself your little crush" Hinata was blushing.

"Kiba-San" she was lookin glum again. Kiba sighed.

"Hinata-Chan, I was kidding...oh that came out wrong"

"Obviously"

"SHINO-San! If your such an expert, you fix it!" Shino just stared in his creepy fashion.

"Kiba-san, I am not a expert on females, unless they are insects. You got yourself into this mess, its your job to fix it" Kiba glared, before trying a different approach.

"Hinata-chan, the best way to make sure you get Naruto, just be yourself, talk to him...and I guess if you beat Haku in the Chunnin exams that might help" Hinata looked as though she was getting an idea. A rush of leaves then alerted them to the arrival of Kurenai.

"Kurenai-Sensei" Hinata asked nervously. The Genjutsu queen smiled.

"Yes, Hinata-Chan?"

"Um, well...you know, how um, Naruto-kun, has those water release, and lightning...release, could you, um, teach me some of those...too?"