Three

Chapter 3
The Big Change

_____________'~'´·''´·__________

Margot would be lying to herself if she didn't admit how upset she still was over this whole situation. The raven-haired girl lied awake in her new canopy bed that night, tossing and turning as she failed to find sleep. How could she when she had so much on her mind? Being framed as a war criminal — finding out she's moving out of her old apartment to live in this creepy cabin out in the woods — and to top it all off — she met her grandfather! That should be a good thing, most would think, but not in her case. The teen girl was well aware of his absence as a father in her own mother's life, seeing that he abandoned her. Speaking of the man, after she watched her grandmother, Eleanor lay a hand on him, it wasn't long before they all threatened for him to leave, and once he left, she watched her mother break into a fit of tears. 

Awkward, the whole situation was. And while she was used to seeing her emotional-bombing mother cry over everything, this one was quite different. She remembered it well, watching her mother buckle her knees to the floor, while clutching her chest, allowing herself to scream and shout, cursing him at the tip of her lungs until her throat got raspy. Her cries were as loud and piercing as the sound of a siren's calling, and her tears were streaming down her face like on a gloomy, rainy day. At that moment, she hated seeing her mother in such pain. It just about made her want to run after the old man and throw a fist at him herself. 

But what would that have done? She would have had real blood on her hands, and she definitely would be marked as a true war criminal by the time she was done with him. 

And before her thoughts could linger any longer, the unexpected vibration of her phone laying on the nightstand beside her bed had completely caught her off guard. To her surprise, the once frown she had slowly formed into a wide grin at the very sight of who appeared on her call. "Don't you know what time it is, my dingus?" 

Peter Parker had called. She watched a sheepish grin appear on his face as he shook his head at her. "Oh, please! Like you're ever asleep at this time." From the looks of his background scenery, he had been plopped on a sofa, laying around in a dark room, with the only light in the room coming from his phone. 

Snickering at her boyfriend's comeback towards her, she then found herself asking, "So, how's it been, staying at Happy's apartment?" 

Just from the very mention of the apartment, Margot watched Peter's eyes instantly widen with joy. "It's awesome here! There's a game table, a mini lab, and don't even get me started on the cool weapons!" 

"Sounds like you're having the time of your life." Muttered Margot under her breath. She signed heavily, allowing her saddened drift to spread towards him over the FaceTime call.