Prologue/Cast

Prologue

✰____________________ ✰

____________________ ✰

ᴘʀᴏʙʟᴇᴍ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ 2

👿__________________ 😈

The echoing of joyful laughter that night. The greeting smell of delicious s'mores and hot food beverages burning in the heat, an annoyed Margot sat plopped near a bonfire beside her mother Elizabeth and Jesse (her mother's annoying new boyfriend.) Apparently, her mother's new boyfriend instantly insisted that they all took a camping trip out in the mellow woods to get to know each other over the summer. Margot's eyes were practically glued to her phone as she tried avoiding the gleeful interaction between the two adults, who cuddled close to each other, being all loved up. It was disgusting in her eyes. The poor raven would rather gauge out her own eyeballs than watch her mother getting snuggled by some guy. She practically couldn't stand this Jesse guy. He just unexpectedly came into the picture out of nowhere. What did her mother even see in this loser anyway?

A sudden whoosh of wind brushed past Margot from the leaves of a tall branch swaying back and forth, almost giving her the shivers before she eventually decided to zip up the blue jacket she wore over herself.

"Mags?" Elizabeth, who sat plopped on a wooden log in front of Margot had called before slowly gaining her daughter's attention. She picked up a small, wooden stick with her hand before shoving a fluffy marshmallow on top of it and smashing it in between chocolate and graham crackers to make a s'more. She raised her brow in question of her seemingly bummed out daughter. "You've barely touched your hotdog... what's up?"

"This camping trip is lame!" Margot began to complain.

Her mother frowned at her response.

"Margot, you're overreacting," Jesse chuckled, waving her off with a hand, only causing her to scoff in offense. He placed his arm around Elizabeth's shoulders lovingly before he continued. "Just lighten up a bit. This is our time to bond."

You could hear the hissing sound of the bonfire's flames swaying from back-to-back.

"Yeah-huh. I refuse to let some guy my mom had sex with in my apartment tell me that I'm overreacting." Muttered Margot under her breath, a sardonic smile quipped on her face as she eyed the olive-toned man. "You guys have been dating for what, six months? You've been at my place fucking my mom all that time, and blindly enough, I knew nothing about it! So, who the hell do you think you are to tell me that I'm overreacting?!"

It wasn't long before Jesse's smile soon faltered into a frown as he bowed his head down to the ground, refusing to make eye-contact.