Six

Chapter 6

Villains, Exes, and Crime --- Oh My!

____________'~'·¬'''·~'°__________

Being absolutely regretful over her life choices, Margot Morena could do nothing more but sulk about her misfortunes. After that big fight with her partner (now ex-boyfriend) Peter Parker, both found themselves completely out of luck with their one and only shot to bring everything back to normal. Things were good when Spider-Man and Blue Raven were anonymous to the world, but now that their secrets have been exposed, by the notorious Mysterio himself (who apparently gets portrayed as the hero in all this), now their lives have been turned upside down. Yet, being the problematic bitch that she was, Margot wanted to do nothing more than blame her now ex-boyfriend for all this. After all, he was the one that gave Mysterio those glasses in the first place - which brought them both into this madness. There couldn't have been anything this raven-haired, problem child, herself had done to add onto this chaos... right? Even though she was oh so callously quick to blame everything on Peter, she couldn't help but find herself playing their argument in her head over and over again. Their whole fight started after learning that if the entire world forgot about their true identities, the price of that could ultimately result in the former power couple forgetting they ever met.

And while she quickly agreed to that deal - this did nothing but cause great tension between the two teenaged heroes, only leaving them both to wonder where they still stand - not only as exes - but as a team.

After storming off from the scene, the flustered raven had just landed her way home as she hunkered down from her blue-armored suit and started towards the door. "Mom! I'm home!" She announced sluggishly, letting out a heavy sigh as she closed the front door of the cabin. As she spun on her heel, she was then greeted by what appeared to be an anxious Jesse Pérez sitting at the rectangle-sized dining room table in awkward silence. Strangely enough, she then noticed the man biting down on his bottom lip, and tapping his finger against the wooden table almost as if he were contemplating his own thoughts.

"Margot! You're back!" He greeted her with a sheepish grin, receiving a look of suspicion from her in exchange. "Your mom just went out for a few things, but she'll be back."

"Okay..." Margot croaked, her brow wrinkling in question of his awkward demeanor. The hell's his problem? She thought to herself, glancing at him up and down in observation of his behavior. And even though she was slightly curious, she decided to shrug it off and -

"Margot, do you have a sec?" Unexpectedly enough, she suddenly watched Jesse gesturing his hand out to her before aiming it towards the chair across from him. "...I think we should really talk about something important..."

Hesitant, Margot strolled over to the chair to plop herself down in, a look of wonder and curiosity of what he'd possibly want to discuss.

Right then and there, the Pérez man sat there, staring back anxiously at an intimidating Margot, eyeing him with her brow raised and her head cocked to the side of him in question. As a Detective in all his years of training, he practically mastered every skill in the book to tackle a difficult teen delinquent - but with Margot - he felt as if all his training was burned into a crisp as there was no proper lecture on "How to handle a Morena" available. It was almost as if her dark, almond eyes were staring into his soul.