Five

Chapter 5
Some Things are better Left Forgotten

Chapter 5Some Things are better Left Forgotten

___________*°^'·~'·_____________

Pacing anxiously back and forth outside the Peter Pan Donut and Pastry shop, Margot Morena held the potential acceptance letter to MIT in her hand, clenching it tightly in her grasp as if she were holding onto it for her dear life. The poor raven wasn't sure if she should open the letter or not. For once in her rebellious life, the Problem Child herself, had actually cared about something that didn't involve chaotic pranks, or threatening to throw someone off a balcony (aka, another thing authorities are looking into.) After trying her best to get her life in order after everything that's happened throughout the past couple years, she wanted nothing more but to least have this one good thing.

"It's MIT! It's MIT!" She exclaimed aloud to herself. "This has to be it!"

"Hope so," Startled, she spun on her heel from the unexpected male voice coming from behind her. There stood Peter, grinning sheepishly at her as he shoved one hand into his jean-pocket, and held his own potential acceptance letter in the other. "Hey."

"Hey."

At this point, the two teenagers stared down at each other awkwardly. Both were obviously aware about the unexpected moment of him throwing out the 'L Word' over the balcony - along with her not being able to say it back, from the apartment building last week, which sorta made them avoid each other for the past couple of days.

And in that moment, Peter began to speak, but before he could even utter a single word, Margot sprinted past him, and walked inside of the pastry shop, leaving him standing there speechless.

"What just happened?" Peter began to question himself in an aloud whispered thought. The two hadn't even spoken in a week - and when they finally do - the odd raven-haired girl runs for the hills!

Just what did he do wrong? Was it his hair? Was it the wrong timing - was it the smell of his new cologne Aunt May got from that old antique shop right around the corner of the apartment? He just knew he had a bad feeling about that strange scent!

With hesitance, Peter eventually stumbled inside to find both Ned Leeds and Michelle Jones (who newly worked at the pastry shop, wearing her attired waitress outfit), all standing at the counter of the place, all sharing the same anxious look on their faces as they each raised the unopened letter to MIT in the air.

"Okay," Michelle expressed in an anxious voice.

"Okay," Peter repeated after Michelle with the same tone of worry.

Margot, who stood beside an anxious Ned Leeds, then said, "Can't believe this is happening right now -"

"Jones," Caught off guard, all instantly turned to the back room of the pastry shop to hear an older male voice, sluggishly calling out to Michelle. It was her boss, standing there with a tired hand on his hip as if he were unamused by everything in his life. "I told you to take down all the Halloween decorations."