7. Mission: Void.

Chapter 7 - Mission: Void.

I can't sleep and I can't stop thinking about him. So what if he is insanely attractive and has a body like a Greek God! that doesn't make it okay to be a liar and a KILLER!

     I wish I had someone to talk to, someone I can confide in, someone who can shed some light onto my deliriously bizarre situation. I wish I could tell Mel everything but I can't. She'll think I have lost the plot completely and I could be putting her in serious danger. What if Alexander kills her because she knows his secret...what about my mom! I've left her on her own at home! what if he went to my house to find me after I stood him up and he's hurt her!

Oh God, I have to go back!

I jump out of the bed, not even caring if I wake Mel up, I have to go back now, like right now! 

     I scramble about the room, collecting all of my things;  my clothes, my makeup, my school books and my bag. I slip my converse on and quickly scribble a note to Mel saying that I feel sick and went home, I don't want her to panic when she wakes up and realises I have disappeared.

     I sneak out of the house, being as quiet as I possibly can. I'm not too worried about waking Mel, but I do not want to wake her parents! As soon as I'm out of the door I dash to my car and pull out of the drive. The clock reads 2:23am - it's been almost six and a half hours since I was supposed to meet Alexander, who knows what he is capable of doing in that about of time! He must have gone to my house, I'd bet big money that he's been there looking for me...I'll never forgive myself if something bad has happened to my mom because of me.

     I race through the streets, not caring that I'm breaking the speed limit - all that matters is that I get back to my house. When I pull into my street, I notice that her car is no longer on the drive...What if he's kidnapped her! Oh God, this is bad - very, very bad! I skid onto the drive and throw myself out of the car, not bothering to grab any of my stuff. My hands are trembling so much that I can't even unlock the front door properly, it takes three unsuccessful tries before the key slips in and the door clicks open. The house is dark and completely silent. I quickly lock the door behind me and that is the moment when the adrenaline kicked in. I switch on all the lights and check for any signs of forced entry or struggle - everything looks normal...I race up the stairs and open her bedroom door. Her bed is freshly made and everything looks fine...

"Where the hell is she?!" I hiss under my breath.

Then I remember that she's working the night shift again at the hospital.

I let out a long, overdue sigh and drop down onto the edge of her bed.

"I'm seriously going mad!" I whisper to myself and gently rub my temples, trying to rid myself of the terrible headache that this stress has brought on.

What is wrong with me?

Everything is fine!

There's no need to be so paranoid!

That's all I've been these past forty eight hours - mad and paranoid! I need to calm down and sort my life out!

     I leave mom's room and jog back down the stairs and out to my car to collect my bags. What I need now is my own bed. I need to get some rest and assess the situation in the morning. Everything is fine, mom is safe and at work, Mel is safe and asleep at her house and I'm just driving myself crazy.

     The adrenalin evaporates and leaves my body tired and weak. I drag myself back up the stairs and into my bedroom. I switch the light on and drop my bags to the floor. I wonder if anyone else is going through this? if vampires really do exist and have soul mates then there must be other girls across the world who are in similar situations...maybe I should start my own social networking site so we can all talk to each other - a bit like Facebook or Twitter! I'll call it PsychoVampireStalkers.com.