prologue - to my soul

akari had always been an outcast for as long as she can remember, she had been hated on because of the way she looks but neytiri had always said, 'eywa made you like this for a reason', she believed she was pure.

after ninat's passing, both neytiri and jake took it upon themselves to care for the fragile, young innocent, pure girl. she had no one, nobody wanted the 'abomination' near them. 

akari was born unlike the rest of the forest people, white hair that was reaching her knees by the age of four, florescent purple eyes which are similar to the yellow eyes; they glow, reflect light but something that really split her away from everyone else yet tied her with the sully's, akari had been born with 'demon hands'. 

neteyam, kiri, lo'ak, spider and tuktirey never judged her, never saw her as an abomination, they loved and cared for her as she was. they'd been friends all their life and when ninat passed shortly after akari's ninth birthday, their bond among each other became closer.

kiri and akari had a different bond, they connected with each other both mentally and spiritually. they could sense when the other wasn't okay, when the other was hurt, whatever they felt the other felt, nobody understood their connection but them. 

kiri and akari were one.

lo'ak and akari, being of the same age connected easier then the rest, lo'ak loved akari and had always loved akari. since the day akari was in neytiri and jakes care, lo'ak and akari never spent a day apart, they would sleep together, hunt together, play together, unlike her and kiri's bond, this was more emotion based. lo'ak couldn't be without akari and akari couldn't be without lo'ak. jake referred to them as his yin and yang, different but so connected. 

lo'ak was jake's yang, akari was jake's yin.

tuktirey 'tuk' meant everything to akari, she felt as if she had partly raised her, taught her everything she knew, unlike lo'ak and kiri, tuk and akari bonded in a sisterly way, tuk had known akari since the day she was born and had always referred to akari as, 'sisa', jake introduced that word to tuk for akari, even though they weren't biologically siblings, akari loved her like one. tuk would never love anyone the way she loved akari. 

akari was tuk's all.

neteyam, poor neteyam. he loved akari, more then words could express. akari was the light in the dark, he would never feel that type of love again. it wasn't a love like he had for his siblings, for his mother and father or the great mother eywa. it was type of love you'd only feel once, once in this lifetime. akari, she felt emotionally and physically tied to neteyam, unlike her bond with lo'ak, anytime she was scared, uncomfortable, worried, she'd fall back into neteyam. she felt safe with him, her entire heart was neteyam. 

neteyam and akari had a bond like no other, akari could feel and hear his heartbeat when they were apart. she could feel him all the time, he was the only one that made her feel normal for awhile.

their hearts were one. one forever. 

nobody could hate, pure, innocent, akari na'van, they all felt one with her. neytiri knew she was something special.

neteyam would be the last love. 

jake would be the last shadow.

kiri would be the last voice.

tuk would be the last cry.

neytiri would be the last belief. 

lo'ak would be the last memory.

TO
akari na'van, pure white haired baby, the yin of life, 
 may you find forgiveness in your heart - my love. 

THE STORY OF AKARI NA'VAN 'THE WHITE PRINCESS'