chapter ten . the calm before

a hand grabbed onto my arm and ripped me onto the back of their ilu, i noticed the aqua toned skin and hair. 

aonung. 

we were going extremely fast and getting chased by these underwater boats? one second we were on the ilu the next we were in a plant with an air bubble inside. 

"are you okay?" he question scanning by face and body making sure there is no harm done, "i am okay, have you seen neteyam?" i ask him, "not since you fell off, just wait til things calm down and we can go back out there akari," he rubs my back, "what about kiri, tuk, lo'ak? have you seen them?" his head slowly shakes, i look down in the water and see a body swimming towards us. 

kiri.

aonung grabs her hand and pulls her towards us, "kiri," i wrap my arms around her, "have you seen tuk?" she gets out as she's gasping for air, we both shake our heads. she slaps her hand against the water, "she fell of the ilu and i don't know where she went," i turn towards kiri, "she could be with my sister, your brother," aonung reassures her. 

i couldn't wait around, i dove into the water and swam away looking for neteyam. i had to know if he was okay, i had to know if lo'ak and tuk were okay. 

i turn and see tsireya, tuk and lo'ak swimming towards me, i wave to them and quickly swim over. grunts leave lo'ak's mouth and he begins shaking his head rapidly, trying to warn me. it was too late when i realised what was happening, we were inside a net, stuck like fish. 

"I'VE GOT THEM," someone yells as we are pulled out of water by an avatar on an ikran. "lo'ak quickly," i beg, he's trying to cut open the net with his knife but the constant moving and unable to get a firm grip he wasn't able to. 

"drop them," a man orders, our body's slam against the flooring of the boat. 

"tuk, are you okay?" i quickly rub her head, "y-yes," she says softly, "you fucking sxkawng!" i scream and kick one of the avatars in the leg then jump out of the net and stand beside lo'ak. "you bitch!" the avatar screams and goes to grab me, "don't hurt her, drop the knife.. now!" he commands lo'ak, "i will let her do more then hurt white-y over here," he points to me.

lo'ak lets out a grunt and gets body slammed into the ground, "lo'ak-," i get interrupted by a man throwing me over his shoulder and placing me near one of the bars on the boat. "LET GO OF ME!" i scream, "calm down princess," the man whispers and locks me in these orange ties.

"creep!" i yell, "akari, is tuk and tsireya okay?" he yells, the man who has been commanding things looks down at lo'ak, "they're fine boy!"

a loud thud hits the floor, "spider!" i turn to the direction of the human boy, "are you okay lo'ak?" he asks as he is being restrained, "yeh cuz," lo'ak responds, "get this boy back up there, now!" the commander tells his followers.

"tuk, tuk, it's okay don't cry," i whisper to her, tuk lets out little sniffles.

"tie him up," the man yells, within seconds lo'ak is tied up next to me. 

"well this is just fucking fantastic!" i say with a smile, lo'ak turns to me and rolls his eyes, "oh you disagree?" i tease, "akari, shut the fuck up," he shakes his head, "i guess so."

i hear the sounds of skimwings in the distance, "dad," lo'ak says softly, "dad?" tuk yells.

"colonel," a woman says, "here's the gun," she gives the commander it. "yeh thanks, everyone in positions, sully is here," colonel orders.

the skimwings and the metikayina people stop as they maybe contact with us, "give me that," colonel rips off lo'aks neck piece and ear piece. 

"hello jake, i was thinking about an exchange, you for your children?" colonel grinned as he said those words, "ugly dick-face," i roll my eyes and shake my head.

silence, no movement for awhile.

"sully inbound," colonel says and i snap my face towards jake, "no, no what is he doing?" i question, "he's coming to sacrifice his life," lo'ak mumbles and begins to tremble, "no, he can't, he-" i'm interrupted by payakan jumping hundreds of feet in the air and landing on-top of the boat.

screams fill the air. 

torture, scare, fright.. memories of my sister. 

darkness.

"akari!" lo'ak screams in my face, i look up at him and tilt my head in confusion, "what happened? i sit up and look around at all the chaos. 

"you had another episode," his tail wraps around me as a gesture to see if i am okay, "what?" i looked towards a scared tuk. 

"no, no tuk, don't be scared," i look at tsireya then back at tuk, "tuk baby, i'm sorry," i look at lo'ak, "i am sorry," the boy shakes his head, "it was only tiny, don't be scared," he reassures.

"NETEYAM!" tsireya yells out, we all turn in sync, "ma'neteyam," i whisper. 

neteyam slowly turns his head towards one of the only humans left on the boat, i've never seen so much hate in his eyes

neteyam slowly turns his head towards one of the only humans left on the boat, i've never seen so much hate in his eyes.. so much anger, anger in the way he walked, anger in the way he swung that bow and sliced his head completely off.

i let out a gasp, he runs towards us and begins undoing the ties. "come on go! get out," he tells us, tsireya and tuk jump out the boat and begin to swim off.

"what did i say?" neteyam begins to undo mine, "don't let go," i whisper, "and you let go, seriously akari," he sounded so angry but worried. 

"i'm sorry," he shakes his head and brings me into a hug, "i am glad you're okay," he kisses my forehead. "okay, come on, untie me now!" lo'ak grunts, "who is the might warrior?" neteyam mocks, "come on, say it," lo'ak smiles brightly and shakes his dead. 

"come on, we need to get spider," lo'ak tells us, i turn to lo'ak, "its crawling in aliens, we are going to get hurt," i say, "no we won't, come on, he is one of us," lo'ak pleads, "akari, go with tuk and tsireya," neteyam tells me, "no way, i'm not leaving you again, we are in this together neteyam," i grab his hand. 

he shakes his head, "if you get hurt akari, i-," i interrupt him, "i won't, come on," i grab his hand and we run after lo'ak. 

climbing on the roof of a boat isn't as easy as it would appear, especially when you have lo'ak kicking you in the face every chance he gets, "lo'ak, fuck off," i grunt out, "hush!" neteyam tells us.

we look down and see a group of humans with spider, i look at neteyam and lo'ak waiting for a signal and neteyam nods his head. 

the loud thuds of us landing on our feet echoed throughout the boat and within seconds we had taken down the people with spider, "this way, quick," neteyam tells us and we hide behind a wall, bullets just skimming past me. 

"akari," neteyam screams and rips me into his grasp, "when i say quick, be quick," he looks down at me, "i'm sorry, i had human boy in-front of me, he's only a little bit slow," i looked at spider and he poked his tongue out, "okay white-y," spider smirks, "ill call you colonel spider, don't start," spider turns to lo'ak and lo'ak hides his smile with his hand.

"give me that gun lo'ak," lo'ak hands his gun into neteyam's hand, "get ready to jump," neteyam tells us, he starts firing the gun, "JUMP!" he screams.

we jump.