chapter eight . forever

"there's been an attack," tonowari told jake, "tulkun attack," jake's face went pale, "show me."

neteyam and i watched as, neytiri, jake, tonowari and ronal rode out into the ocean, "tulkun attack?" neteyam questions, "maybe one of them are hurt," i respond, "or dead," lo'ak comes from behind. 

"gosh lo'ak," i shake my head and continue to look out into the ocean, the rain begins to become heavy. 

"we should probably sit somewhere with cover," neteyam suggests, "where are tuk and kiri?" i question lo'ak, he points onto the dock with two girls sitting.

the three of us make our way over, "kari," tuk jumps onto my lap as i sit.

"why the worried faces?" kiri questions, "there was an attack on the tulkun, theres a chance one could be hurt," i respond and continue to cradle tuk in my arms, "tulkun, oh no," kiri whimpers at the thought, "i hope not," she expresses. 

i look out into the ocean watching how the water droplets hit the water, "it is so beautiful," i whisper, "what is?" lo'ak questions, "the ocean," i respond and lean against him, his arm wraps around my waist and we both stare out. 

"i miss home but, i really like it here, i could peacefully live here if i had to," lo'ak tells us, "i could too," kiri agrees, "the water is something so pure and hidden, it's so refreshing," she looks over at lo'ak and they smile, "so open, so many stories," she continues. 

"but home?" i question, "the forest will always be home," kiri tells me, "it's a good feeling here but the comfort of the forest is something no other thing can compare to," she continues, lo'ak nods his head. 

i turn to neteyam, "i believe the term 'home' should be used on the people, the people you love most, the people you don't leave behind in the forest, in the ocean, the people that bring you peace and comfort," neteyam continues to stare into my eyes, "you- you all are my home," i say and look down into my arms to tuk who is fast asleep. 

silence.

"you are part of my home akari," neteyam entangles his fingers with mine, "you all are," he continues, "no matter where we go, home is with me when i'm with you all."

i see kiri smile and lean against neteyam, "home," lo'ak leans his head against mine. 

we all sit there for awhile enjoying each others company, no speaking, just silence, sitting with our forever home. 

hours passed and we all split apart, neteyam and i make our way towards the jungle.

to making memories that last forever, tonight. 

"neteyam," i fall to my knees on the ground and bring him down with me. 

the rain is still coming down hard, our faces are dripping from the rain, bodies are entirely wet but our eyes are so connected; nothing matters but him, if he was my last shadow i'd die with a smile, no tears, no sadness, no regrets, just, neteyam sully.

his hand reaches for my face and a soft smile appears on his face, "akari na'van," he whispers then pushes his forehead against mine. 

"i choose you," i look into his eyes, "i already chose you," he responds. 

the tension between us is something nobody would be able to understand, are we too young? maybe, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity.

i'm not going to settle for ordinary love, i want to have a unique, once in a lifetime. i want to wake up next to them and feel no regrets, no hatred, i want to be able to express how much love i have for them, how lucky i am that we found each other in this world. i want to be with someone who i don't have to hide from, who has seen and been with me at my worse but continues to encourage me to be my best but allows me to feel. i want to be able to laugh, but i want to be able to talk about my deepest thoughts and emotions.