chapter four . outcast

lo'ak and i have grown apart in the last couple days, he has become more reckless and doesn't speak to me til its night. he is so focused on tsireya, he is so focused on becoming jake's ideal child but when doing that, he's ruining their relationship, putting us at risk.

"what are they doing?" i heard voices above the water, kiri lifts herself before me, "what did you say sorry?" i lift my head and look at kiri's smile slowly fading, "youse are so weird," they began.

kiri gets up and begins to walk away, when one of the boys tug on her tail and she hisses then slaps their hand away. i quickly follow behind her, "leave us alone," i glare into aonungs eyes, "angel baby, thinks she's scary," the boy beside him spoke, "demon children," he grabs onto my hand.

i feel the tears start to form. 

"leave my sister and akari alone!" lo'ak came from the distance, "aww, jake junior for the rescue, how cute," aonung said with a whine, lo'ak pushed one of the boys back, "stop!" he hissed.

the boys continued, they continued to grab my hair and tug, grab onto kiri's hands and tail, they continued to push lo'ak around. 

neteyam comes from the water, his braids swaying side to side and an eager expression written all over his face, "leave them alone," neteyam stated with affirmation, in this moment, he sounded like jake, so strong, so loving, so assured within himself.

aonung went quite and pushed the boys behind him, "don't touch them, ever or ill come for you," neteyam pushes aonung back, "what will you swing from the trees like a m-," aonung turns to the younger boy and shh's him. 

neteyam comes toward us and we begin to walk away, "bye-bye aliens," a voice spoke. 

lo'ak stops in his path, "lo'ak, just ignore it," i say, "no, let me handle this," he turns around and begins walking over to the boys.

we all stop and turn to face them. 

"i know, my hands are weird, alien, demon blood, but look- i can do a magic trick- so you form your hand like this and-," lo'ak punches aonung across the face, not once, not twice but three times.

"it's called a punch bitch!" lo'ak said with a smirk, within seconds aonung had lo'ak on the ground and all three of the boys we're fighting lo'ak.

"oh my GOD!" i let out, neteyam looks at me with a grin crossing his face then turns to lo'ak.

he shakes his head and runs over to the boys joining in on the fight. 

kiri begins to laugh, i look at her and feel a sense of happiness take over and laugh along side of her. i haven't felt this type of emotion since before the spider accident, since the day at the lake. 

but that happiness was shortly ruined when jake had found out what happened. 

kiri and i leaned against the tent outside, i listened closely and began to feel the vibrations of not only lo'ak's heart but neteyam's. 

"what did i tell you boys when we got here?" jake questions, lo'ak mocks jake's words, "don't go causing any trouble."

"exactly and you've done exactly that, caused trouble," jake's tone became harsh, "but dad, they were making fun of kiri and akari, touching them," lo'ak tells jake. 

my heart breaks with his words, they were just trying to protect us and now they're in trouble. 

jake lets out a sigh. 

"it wasn't his fault, it was mine," neteyam tries to take the blame, "go apologise," jake tells lo'ak, completely ignoring neteyam's words, "but dad-," lo'ak begins, "no lo'ak, go make friends, i don't care how but now!" jake yells, lo'ak walks out of the tent and off into the opposite direction of kiri and i.