two

y/n pov

Everyone could hear the battle from the fortress in the mountains. 

Spider was with Kiri while he painted himself blue for the millionth time in his life, and I was playing with Tuk, pretending we were in battle, running through everyone's legs. 

Tuk had made me play with her to get my mind off of the battle. Neteyam and Loak were out there in the midst of the battle and I couldn't stop thinking about it. 

Tuk started narrating what was happening in our fight.

"Attack! Attack! Gotcha." She ran between people's conversations.

"Tuk!" a scientist yelled as she interrupted a discussion.

"Sorry" I replied as I chased after her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile, Spider and Kiri were gossiping about how Spider would be better off as an Navi.

"I am definitely faster when I am blue" 

"Skwang" kiri responded laughing.

"No seriously. And the animals respect me more. They don't think of me has human."

"Wait, your human?" Kiri joked.

"Ha ha" 

Spider's face then turned sort of sad.

"Hey, what is it?" 

"I just wish that y/n and I had kind of a chance to be accepted here. By everyone I mean. Neytiri still thinks we are aliens and belong with the humans."

"It doesn't matter what other people think. Because I accept you. Both of you."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All of a sudden,  the scream of Ikrans turned everyone's attention to the entrance of the fortress. The war party had returned. 

"They're coming!" Tuk called out to me. "They're coming!" she shouted again holding my hand while leading me through the crowds of people.

We ended up in front of Spider and Kiri.

"Kiri! Spider! The war party's coming back!" 

Kiri and Spider got up and started to follow us.

"C'mon c'mon!" Tuk ranted on.

Spider then turned to me.

"How's it going little sis?" he said with a smile.

"Same as always" I stated while rolling my eyes.

The Ikrans all landed and we ran up to them. I saw Jake with Neteyam on his Ikran and I immediately raced up to them. 

"Mom! Mom!" tuk cried out.

"Tuk" Neytiri said soothingly while hugging her, "tuk, tuk, tuk."

I watched Loak get off of his ikran and he was covered in ash. 

"Fall in." Jake ordered to Neteyam and Loak

Neteyam walked glumly to his father while Loak stayed near his ikran. I was watching from the sidelines.

"You're supposed to be spotters. You spot bogeys and you call them in. From a distance! Does any of this sound familiar?" he said. "Get here!" he shouted at Loak who was cowering under his ikarn.

I felt bad for the two boys who were getting a scolding from their father.

"Jesus. I let you two geniuses fly a mission and you disobey direct orders."

Neteyam's head hung lower. Kiri was holding Neteyams arm checking for injuries.

"Kiri, can you go help your grandmother with the wounded. Please?"

"My brother is wounded" she says.

Tuk looks over Loak, also checking over injuries. Spider and I were standing near each other, watching the scene unfold. 

"Tuk! Go with her, go!" Jake continued.

Kiri rolled her eyes in annoyance. Jake turned around to Spider and I and sighed. 

"You two go help as well." 

"Yes sir" you both replied.

You felt sorry for Neteyam and Loak. They didn't deserve all the scolding they both continuously got from their father.

------------------------------

yay...