seven

y/n pov

Spider was holding his legs while sitting under the table that was stationed in the middle of the room. He hasn't said anything to me since we came back to the room we were previously in. 

I was pacing around the room while thinking about what Quaritch was gonna say to us. I sat on top of the table as the door abruptly opened and in walked Quaritch.  

He stared at me for a while before taking in a breath of oxygen from the mask that hung around his neck. He realised then that Spider was under the table and began to circle it. My eyes followed him the whole way around. 

Apparently Spider and I had the same idea because as soon as he moved away from the door, we both jumped up and ran for it. 

"Whoa! Easy tigers" the colonel said, catching us both and placing us back onto the table. We continued to struggle under his grip but we eventually just gave up. Spider hissed at him once again as he slowly creeped back to show that he meant no harm. 

"We good?" he asked us and Spider just looked down while I death glared him with a scowl on my face. "You guys got heart" he admitted, kneeling down in front of us. "The science pukes leaned on you two pretty hard, but you gave them nothing. I respect that." 

We both just continued to look at him, breathing heavily. 

"I thought you kids might want this" he disclosed while pulling out a dog tag. we both averted his gaze this time. He then grabbed my hand and put the tag into my palm and shut it tight into a fist. 

I didn't even take a glance at it before handing it off to Spider. He took it from me and studied the name. 

"It was Colonel Miles Quaritch," he said to Spider thinking he took an interest, "deceased. Killed in action."

Spider then chucked it on the floor and I internally laughed. 

The colonel then sighed and continued to blabber away. "I'm not that man" he declared before standing up, "but, I do have his memories. Enough to know that, well he wasn't always the best father," he said while sitting down on the table next to Spider, "well it's not an apology, i'm not your father, technically, us three, we're nothing to each other, but, I can help you. I can get you out of here. Oh i'm not going to ask you to betray Jake Sully, I know you would never do that, you're loyal and, well I admire loyalty. Just ride along. Otherwise I gotta give you back to the lab coats." 

Spider then looked at me for the first time since coming into this room. I didn't have time to ask him what he was going to do before he turned around and faced the colonel. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am so so sorry for the short chapter! I'm going on holidays for 3 nights and I won't be bringing my laptop in which I write on so I won't be updating for a few days...

Thanks for all the support peeps! 2k already!