eleven

y/n pov

We were hunting Tulkun. Spider and I were watching one of the people who steering the ship. I don't really know why. 

"Bring it down!" Scoresby yelled 

"Coming down aye" the guy we were looking at said as he pulled a big lever that obviously made the ship stop flying. 

Once we hit the water, the top of vessel opened up. I could see from where I was standing soldiers getting into all kinds of machinery. 

Both me and Spider were watching a screen of what was happening outside.

"What's that, what are they doing?" I asked, pointing to the tulkun on the monitor. 

"Those are echolocation sensors," Ian replied, "It's how they navigate, they hold them out of the water or they'll go deaf."

"Isn't that just cruel?" I questioned. 

Ian just smiled at me and turned his attention back to the TV.

We watched Scoresby put a machine up to the calf's ears and it let out a shrill sound that I even cringed at.

"They're gonna cut the calf from the rest of the pod using this sound cannon, they uh target the mother because the calf swims slowly and she won't leave the calf." 

I didn't say anything. Spider's face said he was thinking the exact same thing as me.

Suddenly the tulkun that they were chasing stopped moving and everyone in the ship stood up and clapped in celebration. 

This wasn't anything to celebrate. We had killed a tulkun. I turned to Spider and hugged him. He was caught by surprise but returned it as if he also needed one.  

-------------------------------------------------------------

I don't know why we agreed to going inside of the mouth of a tulkun, but here we are. 

"The only way to reach the glands is from below, we drill up," Ian said pointing to the roof of the mouth, "through the hard palate into the brain" he continued.  

I wasn't listening to what he was saying. I was to busy looking around at the specimen I was inside of. My attention came back suddenly when I heard a drill. I whipped my head around and saw a hole in the middle of the tulkun's mouth. 

"How do you know? That they're smarter than us?" Spider questioned.

I didn't pay attention to what Ian's response was because another drill thing was going up into its mouth once again. Ian was showing Spider some sciency stuff and telling him about music and philosophy. 

All of a sudden this bright yellow liquid started to drip into a vial that was underneath one of the drills.

"That's what this is all about?" the colonel asked.

"That's it, amrita" Ian said

"Bad luck for the big guys," Scoresby began as he took the vial, "this stuff just happens to stop human ageing, like, stops it. Ounce for ounce, the single most valuable substance known to man. This little vial here is worth...80 million," he said while putting a light up to the bottle, "think fast!" he yelled while pretending to throw the bottle to Spider.

"Please don't" Ian cautioned while Scoresby just laughed.

"Amrita is what is paying for everything on Pandora now. Even your research ain't that right doctor G?" he said while pointing to Ian.

"That's why I drink" Ian confessed a little to seriously.

"That's all you take?" I asked, "you just waste the rest?" 

Scoresby's eyes flickered between me and Spider, "drop the bags, let's sink her!" he yelled before walking away.

"No! Leave the bags" the colonel demanded, "I want them to know it was us."

"I charge extra for being used as bait" Scoresby proclaimed.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Spider and I were staring once again at the holograms in the middle of the ship.

"C'mon people let's make some money!" Scoresby yelled as he rushed past us hitting my shoulder in the process.

We both walked outside onto one of the decks with the colonel following behind us.

He knelt down to look through the binoculars, Spider and I standing next to him.

"I'll be damned" he said while looking directly at Spider and I's faces, "Sully's kids," he stood up and walked to his ikran, "let's roll," we both began to follow behind him, "not you two" he said as we stopped walking.

While the colonel took off on his ikran, me and Spider ran back inside the ship and rushed to a window to watch what was happening outside.

We saw the colonel dive down into the water on his ikran and he rose back up with a net. It was Loak. Loak was holding onto the outside while trying to cut the net with his knife. I realised that Tuk was in the net, with another Metkayina girl.

Spider turned around and bolted between people, me close behind. 

We jumped down a flight of stairs while the scientists yelled at us.

Immediately after we got outside, I felt a hand grip around my wrist, stopping me from running. I struggled in the person's grasp until 2 more people came and held my hands, restraining me from doing anything. 

Spider had made it to the deck and ran over to the kids who were held by soldiers. 

"Hey! Hey what are you doing stop! Don't hurt them!" he yelled before 2 more soldiers grabbed him from going any further.

"Spider!" Loak called out 

"Bro. Are you okay?"

"Yeah, great cuz. Never better." 

------------------------------

:)...

*edit* 

I am going on holidays again! I am bringing my laptop this time but updates won't be daily since I am going on holidays. Chapter 12 might be out tomorrow, otherwise it will most likely be out on Monday! 

Thanks peeps! xx