ten

y/n pov

The ship eventually stopped moving. All of a sudden, lot's of soldiers began to file out of the ship. 

We were invading a village. 

God I hope it isn't the one Jake is at.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

There were soldiers everywhere. Kicking the houses, ripping up rugs, it was chaos. Some people were getting held down to the floor at gunpoint. It took everything to not yell at all of them to stop.

We stopped behind the colonel and he held a photo of Jake to the olo'eyktan. 

"This man. We know he is in these islands. Here? This village?" the colonel asked

"We are a totally separate clan, this man in the reflection is from the forest." the leader replied back. 

"What's he saying?" the colonel turns to look at us.

"They never saw him, these are sea people, forest people never come here" Spider translated.

"I ain't buying that"

The colonel continued to harass them in Navi until the olo'eyktan looks over to us.

"He needs to leave here and go to the forest to find this man" he said to us.

We both nodded.

"They don't know anything" I said to the colonel worriedly who was looking at me sternly.

The colonel then looked up to the ocean, "shoot that animal," he says pointing to one of the ilu's.

The soldier complied putting his gun up to the ilu and pulled the trigger. 

"No!" I yelled, breathing heavily, looking at the blood that seeped out into the water. 

Spider turned to look at the colonel, "what the hell are you doing!?" he screamed. 

All of the Metkayina began to yell as well. Spider kept telling them to be calm while I continued to stare at the now dead ilu in shock. Why did we agree to this?

I blocked everything out and surveyed my surroundings. The colonel yelling. People held at gunpoint. Spider doing the exact same thing as me. I didn't feel anything anymore. My body was overrun with hatred for the colonel and his army. I couldn't move from where I was standing. I couldn't hear. The ringing was so loud. I couldn't speak. It was like my vocal chords had disappeared. 

Finally I came to my senses and heard Spider shouting.

"-i'm not doing that."

"Is that right?" the colonel questioned

"I'm not gonna be a part of this. These people don't know anything! They don't know anything!"

The colonel looked at one of his mates who held the tshaik at gunpoint, "are we really gonna waste her?" 

Spider continued pleading to him, "-what you're doing here is wrong! Please"

The colonel and I then made eye contact. If looks could kill, the colonel would drop dead right here on the sand. 

"Burn the hooches" he said while directly looking at me. 

"Light em up!" the soldiers started yelling. I realised then what they were about to do. 

The flames were so big. They began to burn the houses to ash. I started to run up to one of the soldiers and jump on him to stop but was caught mid-air by someone. It was the colonel. Everything happened in slow motion. I thrashed around in his grip screaming. I could feel his big long strides and I knew we were going back to the ship. That did not calm me down any further.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

We went to many different villages and none of them had seen Jake Sully and his family. 

"If we turn up the heat he's just gonna keep running. We gotta draw him out." the colonel said as another village burned down once again.

We flew back to the ship and landed on the same roof we first ended up on in our initial arrival. 

Spider and I jumped off of the ikran and walked over to the hand railing. Spider had his head down while I just looked out to blazing village. 

"I'm over it," Scoresby said with his arms crossed, "I've got quotas to meet." 

"You want a hunt? Let's hunt" the colonel declared as both me and Spider whipped our heads around to the word hunt.

"Here? Not here there's too many villages" Scoresby snapped back.

"No! No, no, no. Respectfully sir uh- you do not understand the bonds between the Tulkun and the ocean Navi. It would be like murdering a member of their family." Ian Garvin retorted.

"If we start hunting hear the hostile will come after us." Scoresby mentioned firmly.

"Exactly. One hostile in particular" the colonel stated. 

Spider and I looked at him and then each other with worried faces.

Dear god Jake I hope you're safe.

------------------------------

ta da...