fourteen

y/n pov

I observed while Spider begged the colonel to let Kiri go. I turned back around so my back was leaning against whatever I was hiding behind. I had to think of something to do. Some movement caught my attention. I watched Neytiri creep up behind Spider and grab him by the neck with a knife.

My breathing quickened in pace as my mind went into overdrive. I had to do something. My head was whipping in all directions to find some weapon. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a bow lying on the floor, but no arrows were around. I snuck up to it to avoid being seen and grabbed it. I looked over to my left and found an arrow sticking up from someone's chest. It was the only thing available.

I yanked it out of the man's chest, trying not to gag in the process.

I put the arrow onto the bow and positioned myself before walking out of the place I was crouched and moved slowly towards Neytiri. Once I made it to her, I pulled my arrow back and held it near her head.

"Let him go" I commanded. I couldn't believe myself. I was threatening to shoot a Tsahik.

"Y/n" Jake said cautiously. I knew what I was doing was wrong.

I re-thought my decision.

I slowly turned my body towards the colonel and Kiri, my bow and arrow going with it. 

"Let. Her. Go" I said once again. A pause. It was like the air had frozen. I sucked in a big breath and pulled the arrow back, I made as if to shoot, but with a quick move the colonel let go of Kiri and she dropped to the ground. Neytiri let go of Spider and I released the bow from my hands. 

"Spider!" Kiri called out as me and Tuk ran over to him. 

"I owe you a death" the colonel said to Neytiri. His voice made me want to strangle him. 

We all started moving back into the water. Except for Jake. 

"Dad!" Kiri shouted before Jake charged at the colonel. Their yells were drowned out from the flames coming towards us. 

"Get back! Get back!" Spider yelled as we all struggled to out swim the blazing light. 

Tuk was holding Neytiri's hand when we got back onto the ship. The colonel and Jake were nowhere to be seen. Suddenly Tuk slips and gets dragged by gushing water into a hole in the ship's floor. Neytiri was still ahold of her but struggling to keep her above. 

"Mum grab my hand!" Kiri cried out as she tried reaching out. But in the moment Tuk had slipped out her mother's grasp and without hesitation Neytiri jumped in after her. 

"C'mon we have to move!" Spider said to Kiri as she was determining jumping in after her mum and sister. 

"Hey, they'll be okay" I said in the most calming voice possible. 

We began climbing up towards where the ship was flipping over. We held onto different objects to keep us from falling. By the end, we had completely clambered our way over the entire ship and were now sitting on the bottom as it sunk at a rapid pace. 

"We go down all together okay?" I stated as we all grabbed hands and the ship went under. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The three of us swam to Loak and agreed to go an find Jake. He and the colonel had been down there for way too long and there was no doubt they were trapped under the vessel. Loak, Spider, Kiri and I decided to split up to go find him. 

We all took deep breaths as we dived down to begin our search. Spider and I took the left side of the ship and turned on our torches. There were dead bodies everywhere. With a side glance, I caught a glimpse of blue. I was going to tell Spider but he had already caught on and proceeded forward. 

It was the colonel. I didn't hesitate to swim past him and forget we had even seen him in the first place. I turned back around when I noticed Spider contemplating what to do. I moved my torch up and down to grab his attention. He looked at me an began swimming once again.

"Fuuuuck" I heard him say behind me. 

I swiveled myself around to see Spider swimming back to the colonel and grabbing him by his vest and dragging him back the way we came; which was too the surface. 

I swear I'm going to kill my brother one day. 

I followed him back to the opening in the ship. I began swimming upwards not bothering to help him at all. But I am not that mean so I motioned to him to pull his life jacket. Maybe they are useful after all. He yanked the jacket open and it inflated at a fast speed. 

Once we made it to the shore, we swam to a rock and hauled the colonel out of the water onto it. He had eventually started breathing again. What a shame...

He clambered his way up so his full body was supported. He continued spluttering before looking at us both. His ikarn landed right beside us and let out a screech. 

Spider took off his life jacket and threw it to the ground. The colonel jumped up and walked over to his banshee. I didn't have anymore time to waste. I dived back into the water not wanting to be part of whatever they were. A family? Father and son? 

"Y/n!" I heard Spider yell through the crashes of waves before he, himself dived in after me, leaving the colonel in shock that his two kids had saved him. 

---------------------------------------------------------------------

The Sully's had been reunited. But with one less they had begun with. The eight of us were crouched around Neteyam's body. 

"Monkey boy!" Kiri beamed as he walked up to her. 

"Are you okay?" Jake asked me as I nodded. 

I didn't want to know what the family would do to me and Spider when they found out what we had done. Spider stepped towards me but I refused to talk to him. He had gotten the message. 

He went over to Jake and he asked him the same question he had asked me. I glanced over to Jake and watched him hug Spider and Loak. 

If only he knew.

------------------------------

If only...