N: good morning everyone! thank you for listening to the die for you podcast with your hosts, nini salazar roberts and ricky bowen and i can't believe it's our first ever series, it's crazy but considering we love true crime podcasts, we thought we would start our own.

if you didn't already know, i am a detective who works at salt lake city police station solving crime but before i got offered my role, i had to prove myself and that's what this season is going to discuss, ricky, is there anything you would like to add?

R: yeah, hi! my name is richard michael bowen and you may have heard about me from false tabloids and articles that simply weren't true. i was seen as a person who killed lily, when realistically, that was farther from the truth. i thought lily had her flaws but i would never hurt her, unless i thought my own life was at risk. however, we will talk about that in future episodes!

currently, i attend nyu and i'm studying how the courts of justice work and on here, i'll try to link how lily's case interlinks with many other cases

N: and most importantly, we will discuss the importance of peer pressure and how easy it is to find yourself in situations that you cannot control or even handle. this podcast is to inform. but for now, we'll thank you all for listening and we'll see you next week where we will look at the start of our journey into the truth

R: bye for now

the two of us unplugged our headphones, standing up to stare at the sky which was now a lot lighter considering that we were entering spring. the air was still bitter but daffodils were slowly coming out and the two of us watched as birds landed on the tree outside of my garden.

"should we tell our listeners? that there most likely will be a second season of die for you?"

"i think first of all, we'll need to have the conversations with your moms and specifically, your boss, david"

ahh yes, david, the lovely, sweet boss!

(can you tell i'm being sarcastic!)

david is like my second dad, my first dad not counting considering that i've never even come close to him. momma d told me that when i was younger, something terrible almost happened to me and as a result, our family vowed to never see/ visit him again.

but david knows a lot about all the crap i went through and he knows that if there is a chance that i'm ever close to danger, there is a chance he'll say no. ricky classes it as babying me and i can see why. if i did it before, i can do it again!

"yeah i know, i just.. there is a high chance that i will mess up and risk getting fired"

"well if that happens, david doesn't deserve you working for him, he's heard about the podcast right?"

"wrong, he doesn't listen to anything fun, he's basically the definition of boring stuff, doesn't really understand the concept of fun"

"well, i think you should at least tell your moms, they deserve to know"

"will you come with me? i can just picture momma d's face when i tell her"

"yeah, carol is a little scary" i whacked his head with the palm of my hand whilst smiling gently at him.

"let's go!"

here goes nothing!