"so what evidence has you got so far?" david asked me as i was busy filing a cabinet with avery, the two of us confused as to why he was here, disturbing us.

"um, could we talk about this later?"

"now is fine, you don't mind us talking, do you avery?"

"umm, i guess so"

"she's fine with it, so tell me, what do you have so far?"

"me and ricky spoke to cash caswell a few nights ago and we hope to upload the first episode of season two next week"

"that's it? that's all you have found out so far?"

"well yes but-"

"but nothing, you need to do better nini, spring break only lasts for a week, time is of the essence and we need you to figure this out with your lover boy before he goes back to college"

"i'm working as hard as i can to get evidence for you"

"well, you know that once ricky leaves, the case will be closed right?"

what?!

"david, no, this is-"

"unless, unless me and nini worked side by side after ricky goes back?" avery added, my head shooting up at her as well as david's.

"what are you saying?"

"i'm saying that you probably need more time on this case, so, i'll be happy to help you once ricky goes back to college, that way you have two detectives working together and hopefully, we'll find more out in a reasonable time span, how does that sound?"

"i.. i guess that could work, david?"

"fine, but if you two think that you are getting a entire year, think again"

"you can trust us sir" avery told him, draping her arm around my shoulder as we grinned, slightly waving at him as he scoffed, leaving us alone to carry on with the filing.

"uh thanks for that" i didn't really know what to say, how would ricky respond to someone completely taking over from him?

the first case we solved was between the two of us but adding another person seemed risky? could i trust avery to help me out with this case?