15

my eyes wandered back towards the suitcase, as i bit my nails anxiously, waiting for the dna test results to come through on ricky's phone.

the suitcase revealed something that i don't want to ever repeat but i will because it's disgusting and horrible.

when i was younger, there was a case known as the black hole murders and it may not appear gorey but it changed the course of history. it was featured on true crime channels, podcasts, news, you name it, it shocked an entire generation of people who thought they were safe.

roughly 20,000 people were killed or tortured in a brutal way. they were all written down in a diary and one by one, they were taken away from their families and never seen again. but looking at this suitcase, everything interlinks with the black hole murders.

we glanced at the diary that had blood splattered all over the pages and it all added up. their names were crossed out one by one but what shocked me was his name written in bold writing.

Elton John Caswell...

and it seems hard to believe that gina could be involved in this but the killers were never found, their bodies are in a grave somewhere in the middle of nowhere and now, everything i ever worked on last year might be wrong.

"the results state negative" ricky states, snapping me out of my thoughts and doubts.

"what?!"

"the dna doesn't add up, the blood is not someone who was killed, it's not even gina's or her mom's blood"

"so if it's not them, who could it be?"

"i don't know but i think we need to look into this logically, do you have anything that could connect us to the black hole murders"

"i do! i have looked closely into it, mainly in my free time but you know, true crime shows also come in handy sometimes"

i placed my computer in front of him, tapping on the space bar and showing him my evidence that looked into this issue.

"i thought it would be interesting for a second series but obviously, i thought ej was far more important so i didn't think this would be useful but now, i'm thinking it could help us out"

"on the 16th of august 2004, the first person confirmed dead was a girl named amelie maddens and she was found dead in her backyard in the early hours of the morning so roughly 11:30am"

"then on the same day, two people were killed, they were twins known as grace and amanda twist and they died around 1:45pm"

"the person who killed these people had a motive to kill people on that day and they used a diary to plot their attacks, the diary looks almost identical to the one that was last seen destroyed in a fire on the 16th of march 2006"

"ok, so whoever this person was, they clearly planned everything out"

"yes, and they were never found, i thought ashlyn could have killed ej and based it off the assumption that she nearly killed me but what if i was wrong? what if i got the wrong person and ashlyn, might be innocent"

"but she nearly killed you? that doesn't necessarily make her innocent?"

"but think about it, she was involved in a cult last year, so many people were charged but what if we didn't charge the right person, the person who could have set this up all along, right from the very beginning"

"what are you saying?"

"i think we are in danger ricky, and maybe, there are more people we need to consider, we can't trust everyone"

they all have some sort of secret...