"mommas, there is something important i would really like to discuss" i walked into the kitchen, sitting on the nearest stools, pablo, our family dog staring at me like i was and had cabbage in my teeth.

"oh gosh, what now?"

"i... um, i have a case"

"that's amazing honey, isn't it amazing, i knew david would listen to your bickering one day!" momma c smiled patting me on the shoulder as ricky shrugged at me.

this was it, now or never!

"no but this is my own case, i um, david hasn't given me a serious case yet"

the silence filled the room and slowly entered my lungs, choking me to death as i waited for something, anything to come out of their mouths.

ever since me and ricky announced that we were dating, my moms have been nothing but wary for me and i get it, it's not everyday where your daughter announces that she likes someone who was constantly running from police and getting almost arrested and killed.

"mommas, please say something"

"it's just, will this affect you?"

"the podcast will be fine, i'll make sure it's completed by said date and said time and-"

"no, i mean, will your mental health deteriorate?"

"i-"

"nini, we know that we are sometimes we are too pushy and want you to strive to do your best but we also don't want you to get burnt out, we know that you were close to dying a few months ago just because of a lack of food"

"i will be fine, ricky's helping me too so it'll be fine"

"ok then, as long as you promise to feed her then, i guess you can do the case"

"thank you mommas!" i hugged them closely to my chest.

"you're welcome honey, oh ricky, we um forgot that you were in the room, come in here, you're apart of our family too" momma d indicated as he got involved in the family hug.

now i just had to tell david, but there was a huge risk that i could potentially lose my job because of this!