all i remember hearing was sirens and gasps from outside and inside. the door fell open and i watched closely through the tiny closet gap to see what was going on.

then i saw a sargent and a lady who kept walking towards her with a cautious look written all over their faces. mrs porter screamed at them saying all the cuss words you could think of and i was about to tumble out of the closet and try and put a stop to all of this before it escalated.

but instead, i pulled out my phone, turned on my voice recording app and proceeded to record what was going down.

mrs porter kept yelling whilst they were checking her drawers, her wardrobe and finally, the closet which confused everyone there.

"uh hi, sorry this is a bad time but-" i couldn't even get out any words because mrs porter looked at me with an utter look of disgust and anger.

"hi honey, what's your name?" the woman asked me as ricky stood, covering me from what might go down in a few moments time.

"uh... i'm.." i didn't understand why the words that were on my tongue weren't coming out properly, i guess i was in a state of shock, trying to figure out what was happening.

"it's ok, mrs porter, you're under arrest on charges of child endangerment and child neglect"

uh what?!

"stop!" i remember saying, cutting the sarge and the lady off before it got too serious.

"excuse me kid but let us do our job, we know what we are doing, we're the experts here"

"are you though? do you have any proof?"

"who even are you?"

"i'm nina salazar roberts"

"aw yes, the girl who solved that stupid murder case about lily keegan and is now making a ton of money from a silly little podcast, man up kid, you're not even a real detective"

"ok, first of all, you're a sexist jerk, telling someone to man up when i'm a feminist is offensive and insulting but i guess you got that saying from other people because they told you to grow up and oh wait, newsflash, you didn't"

"shannon, this kid is being a bit extreme-"

"really? ok explain to me why she is being arrested on those charges?"

"gina porter was found in a park yesterday in the streets, she had been beaten up and bruised by her mother"

"hmm, but couldn't someone else have done it? there are a ton of kids who like being violent towards girls"

"kid, i know what i'm doing with all due res-"

"you're jason bennett, aren't you?" he stopped, his face turned pale, looking like someone had just thrown up.

maybe he was on the verge of throwing up?

"how.. how did you know that?"

"october 23rd 2013, you were taking your younger brother out to the nearest park. you're mother was in rehab and your father was having an affair with your brother's teacher but you lost your brother that day, didn't you?"

"uh.."

"you were taking to a girl, but not any type of girl, you were talking to this girl, not knowing that janice had a crush on you"

"i.. how do you know all of this?"

"you're brother was killed in the back of the car and you expected that it was janice's fault so you became a police sergeant in order to take janice down, are these events adding up?" he looked sheepishly at me and ricky, grabbing the nearest thing to grab and ran out of the house.

it's him... it's his diary, he's the one who killed ej and is blaming janice for it...